Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
When my son was young, probably 12-13 or so, ( currently 57), he got one little cactus like the ones on the right side of your beautiful bowl and when we finally sold that house
(15 yrs ago) it had reached the ceiling and had stopped growing because of that. The movers were delighted (NOT) when they heard that they had to move it!!!!! LOL, but they did it without breaking it. I love the succulents and your bowl is really nice. I do have to admit that my true favorite is the hen and chicks. We left it with the new owners when we left town at that time so I know nothing about it anymore but it was fun to have and I thank you for bringing back a memory.

·
Registered
60,348 Posts
Looks great!!!! What kind of soil did you use? I was wondering if it requires something special .. where did you find your plants? I have been trying to find a donkeys tail... I had a jade plant that was huge most of it rotted off. I have one section left . So I'm thing my soil is wrong and it hold the moisture to long.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Adorable. I LOVE succulents.

Used to keep several big pots of them but my new house is too cold in the winter. They always get chilled on me and die off. I told my husband when the fish go I'm turning the big tank into a succulent terrarium. I can keep a heat emitter over it at night in winter. Poor fish, but I can hardly wait.

At least I have hardy prickly pear in my tortoise pen that survives the winters inside or out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom