Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using circulars for the first time making a baby blanket, had to frog it 3 times. Luckily I had only about 15 rows. Finally on to my 4th try I looked at it, wondering why is it in a tube. Yep, you guessed it, I never turned my work. Glad I caught it befor I got all the way through.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Good for you, you got that learning experience out of the way. I suppose you could have kept going as a tube and made one of those cocoons instead.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
You made me smile with your tale. I couldn't get my head round using a circular for straight knitting until I made my first item too. I didn't quite end up with a tube as a friend pointed out I just needed to swap over the knitting from one hand to the other to knit the second row (and so on). I can totally see how a tube could have been started though. Good luck with the project.

·
Registered
239 Posts
mslittlebear said:
I am using circulars for the first time making a baby blanket, had to frog it 3 times. Luckily I had only about 15 rows. Finally on to my 4th try I looked at it, wondering why is it in a tube. Yep, you guessed it, I never turned my work. Glad I caught it befor I got all the way through.
You're not alone, the first time I tried circulat knitting was a sock on two circular needles. I was knitting along happily, so proud that there were no ladders or twists - until the ribbing was done and the leg pattern begun and I noticed the whole thing starting to look strange. I had been knitting aroout.on the inside and making the whole thing inside-out.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I always make sure my working yarn starts off each row in my left hand, and I don't have problems. Took me a few tries to get that though. lol

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I tried circular needles and did not like them. Last week I bought a box of yarn at a thrift shop. It had a circular needle with the start of a flat knit stocking cap on it. I'm getting a little more comfortable with the needles now as I'm trying to finish the cap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom