Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
I posted about making this a few weeks ago and finally got my photos uploaded. This is done in Blue Heron Rayon Metallic in variegated blues, burgundys and greens with a subtle metallic thread (I love my glitz!). It feels and drapes like heaven, but by the time I was finished with 1/4 of the lace, I was ready to use my knitting needles to poke my eyes out. Once was enough for this pattern, but I must say I will enjoy wearing it. I had made a different shawl with this yarn and hated it, so this was the second time around. It was far too expensive to let it be neglected in my closet--though if you consider that you get about 500 yards for about $50, it really isn't all that costly. It's the initial sticker shock. But I have made several items with this yarn and it is a total pleasure to work with and the colors are SPECTACULAR!

Attachments

This is GORGEOUS! I love the look of shawls without a "spine" down the center... The yarn is perfect! Even though this was your second try, you got it right.... For sure. Glad you didn't ACTUALLY poke your eyes out... Been there.

I agree about "sticker shock". I recently purchased some hand painted yarn which cost $50. It seems like a lot to drop, but the skein was over 900 yards!

Thanks for sharing... Going to check out that pattern for myself.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
This magazine had several really nice designs in it. I have a couple bookmarked for later projects. My queue is probably able to reach around the world end to end by now. I better live to a very old age is all I can say.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom