Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
Maybe a lacy shrug would be better than a shawl. I have seen some really beautiful ones on ravelry also on vogue and some of the fancier yarn places. I can't remember them, but if you are interested, I will look them up for you. It could be made with shorter sleeves or cap sleeves, and her back would be covered like with a shawl, but she wouldn't have to worry about it falling off. Just an idea.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I made my daughter a circular, white sparkley, lacy shawl for her wedding. It went perfect with her strapless gown. My pattern has a copyright but I am sure Ravelry has many designs to pick from. Good luck.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm in the same camp as DonnieK and suggest the Calypso Shrug/Shoulder Wrap by Debbie Haymark. I knitted mine in bamboo yarn, very soft and with the tiny beads as in the pattern. In kid mohair..it would be rhapsodic!

It's in Sock Yarn One Skein Wonders Edited by Judith Durant, www.oneskeinwonders.com Storey Publishing. www.storey.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom