Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got such a wonderful surprise yesterday. I got a phone call from my former neighbor who moved back to her home country, Canada, seven years ago. She had her fourth child two years ago and almost lost her life during the birth. I knitted a baby blanket out of pink Caron Simply Soft and sent her my love. We still touch base occasionally. She said that her darling little girl is very attached to her blankie and she calls it 'my favorite'.
She let me know how much she appreciates handmade things, and you knitters know how much that can mean.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
It's wonderful to know that your gift is appreciated and that your friend took time to call and share. Everyone seems so busy these days. Heart-warming follow ups such as this can be rare... but how it can make one's day :).

·
Registered
610 Posts
Wonderful that you received such a nice acknowledgement for the gift. I don't expect flowery thank yous, but a simple acknowledgement is appreciated. I knit a special gift for a student 2 years ago, buying just the right yarn, pattern, and needles. It has been ignored. Maybe she wears it every day all winter, and maybe it is a cat bed, but I won't be knitting her any more gifts. I do know she received it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
That's wonderful!
It's so touching that her little girl
loves her "blankie" and it's nice that
your friend had the courtesy to call and let
you know. Makes all knitters/crocheters
feel good to read something like that.
Thanks for sharing such a nice story:)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Now-a-days kids are not taught about sending "Thank You" notes, or calling to say Thank you for the gift and thats a shame. When I sent gifts (they live out of state), to my grandchildren, they never call. I have to call my daughter to if they received it (it could have gotten lost). Her reply is "yes", they loved it. I would not know this, because they didn't call.
When I was little and I received a gift, I was very happy and thankful (we were poor) and I always called to thank them personally.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
How nice she called and gave you the update. For years I have been making a "traditional" hat and scarf for my granddaughter and DIL but have never heard a thank you or seen a pic of them wearing them. Know they received them because when I mail the package I also pay the extra money to track it. So I have decided last year was the last for them. This year will be a money card. Anyway, that said, made a sashey scarf, fingerless gloves and a scarf to match for a friends daughter and have heard many thanks and telling how she put it right on and wore them out that night. Mother says the young lady loves to get home made items so guess who I will be making fun things for now. This is a mid teen. Also do the same for another friend and make her baby different things and she will take pics and put it on her facebook for all to see. These two make up for all the other non thank you's.

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
It's a shame that courtesy isn't practiced by so many people today, isn't it? I got a beautiful winter coat from Grannie when I was about 10. I didn't write to thank her and she called Mom to find out if it had arrived safely. Mom told me if I didn't have the manners to thank her for it, I should send it back. I was so embarrassed!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nineteen years ago I knit a baby blanket for my GD. She must of loved it because she still has it in her bedroom. It is somewhat tattered and torn, but she treasures it. This Christmas she will be getting another one, more adult style, but in her favorite colors aqua, pink, and purple. All my seven GK's will be getting afghans this year. Two more to go, plus baby things for a expected GGS in January.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom