Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gypsycream's pattern, Thank you so much Pat, I've had such fun making this bear, he has brought so much joy (just a tad bit of problems in the putting together) but that was due to my RA problems. He is well loved by all that met him a bit ago. (including the neighbors that tried to smuggle him to their homes) :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
What a wonderful bear. He looks like he is telling everyone to come and give him a hug. Better put a bell on him to let you know when someone is making off with him..

·
Registered
21,474 Posts
Oh Marianne what a wonderful little bear you have created! He looks so much like a traditional bear doesn't he? You have made such a great job creating him, I love him. Clever you, I'm so pleased, I know how much you wanted to make a bear and now look what you've done.

Well done angel :)

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
He really looks "turn of the century"! Take it to Antiques Road Show and see if they are fooled! 100 years from now, the bears will be a fortune, if they haven't been loved to shreds.
I have not had the nerve to try a bear, but I keep seeing all the great ones here and I'm working on my nerve-Lol!

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
arlenecc said:
He really looks "turn of the century"! Take it to Antiques Road Show and see if they are fooled! 100 years from now, the bears will be a fortune, if they haven't been loved to shreds.
I have not had the nerve to try a bear, but I keep seeing all the great ones here and I'm working on my nerve-Lol!
Oh arlenecc, please, please do try Gypsycream's patterns!! I have never attempted anything of this nature, everyone was talking about the eyelash yarns being so hard to work with, I was terrified when I opened my package and there was the dreaded eyelash yarn. I started out slow and easy, then it was like knitting with any other yarn. Just be slow and easy and it WILL be easy! Trust Gypsycream and all the wonderful bear makers on this site, they will help guide you if you just ask.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to thank everyone for their comments about Bubby Bear, he is very special to me because of how he came to be. He helped me through some rough times even before he was completely put together. Now he has a special place on my desk, he will be watching over all that I knit from now on. He is one of Gypsycream's angels, I'm just privileged to have him here with me. Thank you, all so very, very much ;-)

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Marianne818 said:
I want to thank everyone for their comments about Bubby Bear, he is very special to me because of how he came to be. He helped me through some rough times even before he was completely put together. Now he has a special place on my desk, he will be watching over all that I knit from now on. He is one of Gypsycream's angels, I'm just privileged to have him here with me. Thank you, all so very, very much ;-)
Sounds to me these angels are her children copying their Mom. i wish Gypsycream would post her photo- would like to see what an angel looks like. Before I get blasted- I believe we are sent angels in many forms!

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Your bear is wonderful! Those of us who took extra convincing that we "had it in us" to create one of these speical bears are especially grateful.

Now we're all looking forward to seeing your next one!

Pearl

·
Registered
21,474 Posts
arlenecc said:
Marianne818 said:
Sounds to me these angels are her children copying their Mom. i wish Gypsycream would post her photo- would like to see what an angel looks like. Before I get blasted- I believe we are sent angels in many forms!
Hey its no secret what I look like lol! Here I am :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gypsycream said:
arlenecc said:
Marianne818 said:
Hey its no secret what I look like lol! Here I am :)
Beautiful Lady, love this picture!! Thanks for sharing. Oh my avatar is me, only it was taken about 3 yrs ago now. My hair has just gotten whiter.. otherwise I look the same.. ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom