Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Gloria
The pattern is a repeat of 4 stitches. Cast on 12, 16, 20, 24, etc. depending on how wide you want the scarf. The first stitch is Knit, the second stitch is Knit, the third stitch is Knit in back loop of stitch, the fourth stitch is Purl. Repeat across, turn, start over with Knit, Knit, Knit in Back, Purl, all the way across. I used size 11 needles and Wool-Ease yarn by Lion, 80% acrylic and 20% wool. My only problem was that the ends of the scarf look different. I suggest you knit a 4"x4" swatch to check your gauge and then use smaller or larger needles if needed.
Good Luck!

· Registered
24 Posts
Your scarf is beautiful. The reason your ends look different is determined by the method you used to cast on your original stitches. One of the easiest methods I use is to insert your needle as if to knit into your first cast on loop, pull the stitch up over the end of the needle to make your second stitch and continue "knitting on" the number of stitches you need. It makes for a very even beginning row. ;)

· Premium Member
39,539 Posts
What method of casting on did you use?I may be wrong but I think if next time you cast on with the tradtional long tail method the ends would match more.

· Registered
42,732 Posts
MelissaC said:
It looks like your cast off is very loose. Maybe try tightening it up next time. I love the scarf pattern and think you did an excellent job of your first scarf.
I agree with MelissaC...it looks as if your cast off is too loose. You did a great job on your first scarf. It is lovely!!
Edie (EdithAnn) :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom