Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57,593 Posts
No excuse I have 12" circular needles in size 2 and the yarn. I need to start knitting a pair. Also, my hand is getting better everyday.

Thanks for giving me the inspiration to start knitting the socks. You did a lovely job on both pairs. You did make a second matching pair I hope. :lol:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I promise you, I am already addicted. Been browsing sock yarn sites and drooling. Slowly adding the my 12" cicrcular size, though I tend to knit on the 1, 1.5,or 2 mostly. Sometimes a three. My trhead tha I ordered like dwagners has been on back order and I have got work it is on its way! So need to get mates to these two made. I have been browsing Patternfish. There are tons of sock patterns on there. They run $5-$6, which isn't bad.
Use Eric's tutorial. It is so easy, following his directions.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Bulldog said:
I promise you, I am already addicted. Been browsing sock yarn sites and drooling. Slowly adding the my 12" cicrcular size, though I tend to knit on the 1, 1.5,or 2 mostly. Sometimes a three. My trhead tha I ordered like dwagners has been on back order and I have got work it is on its way! So need to get mates to these two made. I have been browsing Patternfish. There are tons of sock patterns on there. They run $5-$6, which isn't bad.
Great job Bulldog :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm proud of you!! you did a beautiful job on your first pair. :)

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Bulldog said:
GOOD advice! I'm following his direction and for the first time in my life, I actually knit a size 6 sock yesterday afternoon despite a 2-hour shopping spree with my daughter!

I LOVE my 12" needle!

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
So how did I miss Eric's directions? Can someone tell me how to get them. Perhaps my socks will look 1/2 as great as yours..

·
In Memoriam
3,831 Posts
Bulldog (Betty): Fantastic ! You are off and running!! I am so glad that you are enjoying this easy method and used my pattern/guide. I give you two GOLD STARS !! :thumbup: :thumbup: :) :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Betty, Wow, fantastic, sock knitting. My stash has a lot of sock yarn in it. I buy it and look at the hank and wonder what it will look like when it becomes a sock. I sometimes use it for shawls, and baby sweaters. Grandsons like it for neck warmers under the ski outfits. One wants a long, long scarf to match a double knit hat I did for him over the summer. The left over yarn makes great txting mitts. Not too bulky and easy to launder. Keep up the great work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom