Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
41 - 60 of 138 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Oh my gosh....these are your first?? I just started gathering supplies to make my first pair....sure hope I get as good as yours!

· Registered
105 Posts
Your socks are superb!! I am so intimidated by socks, plus I have not learned how to use DPN's yet or the magic loop, and still kinda new with the circular needle method, although I can do it, just slow at it....lol....I used to think the same way about paying all that money for a pair of socks when I could go buy a perfectly good pair for 4 or $5, then I learned to knit, then I finally understood it!!! It is so relaxing and addicting.....
But anyway!! JOB WELL DONE!!!

· Registered
6 Posts
Wow, those are terrific. How long have you been knitting and what pattern did you use? I am new to this and am amazed at what you have produced.

· Registered
519 Posts
Cannot wait to start some socks. From what I read, I think I will try a pair with worster, and then sock yarn. Do I but actual sock yarn, or does it have a different name? I am attempting to lear Magic Loop. Do you think it will be to hard to try first pair of socks with something else I am just learning? Abouit how long does it usually take to make a pair of socks? Where is the best place to buy sock yarn?
Chags

· Registered
1,580 Posts
I don't even like to wear flipflops, because I want to wear socks.
But as I have not yet tried socks, and don't plan to until I get my odd and end brand and weights used up. I just don't know what to make.
All I know is granny squares, and i am sick of them.

· Registered
687 Posts
I haven't tried to knit a pair of sox since I knit a pair for a boyfriend in college 50 years ago. They had a beer stein on the side with angora for the foam. How hocky is that. Yours are so beautiful they make me want to give it another try.

· Registered
67 Posts
Pam,
Your socks are wonderful. I too am addicted to sock knitting and have been for years. I enjoy wearing home made socks everyday. They are fun to knit, and even more fun to wear. Afer all these years, I still look at my little cheat sheet everytime I turn a heel.
Your color choices are great and make the socks quite unique and interesting. Mission accomplished, good for you!

· Registered
59 Posts
Great job Pam. I would love to have your pattern. I have been knitting a year now and I would love to make a pair of socks. Your socks look the way I want them to look. Some of the sock patterns aren't as nice looking.

· Registered
1,580 Posts
That is correct, on the way your socks look. I think that is why I never tried them. I could see big bulky stretched out of shape knitted socks.
Will you share you pattern, or where to buy it?

41 - 60 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom