Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first sweater made for my first grand daughter. The pattern was Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Surprise Jacket. The yarn is Cleckheaton Country Prints 8 ply from Australia. The color is Tapestry 9 - Bright Multi.

I have to say that the BSJ was harder than I anticipated. I had to learn some things I had never done before (which is a good thing) but each new thing I learned did not always turn out as expected. There is one rather glaring error that I did not notice until I was well past it. I had frogged this thing so many times that I just made myself ignore it at that point. But it is not easy to look at it without seeing the error. Oh well. I have a lot to learn about knitting and will just chalk it up as a good learning experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
still trying to add the picture - sorry!

Will not upload from my laptop either. :cry:

Well the third time is the charm. I could upload from my phone. Go figure. :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Whatever the spot is, just consider it your signature!
You are likely the only person who will ever know its there.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
With such a lovely self striping yarn I think you would be hard put to spot the error.
Besides it's a design thingy isn't it? Your very own signature touch!
Touche! Great work.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think your first sweater is beautiful......now let tell you about mine! I choose a Fair Isle pattern and had never knitted before. I chose yarn different than the suggested yarn and changed the needle size. When I completed the sweater it was big enough for two men to fit into. I unraveled the monstrosity and was able to get an afghan out of the yarn! So I think your first sweater is magnificent. BTW- I have since learned what to do. That was actually 40 years. LOL

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom