Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am so proud of mysself as i have just finished my first cardigaan on round needles i had them sent to me from a friend who said that she could not get on with them so she thought that i would have better luck with them to be honest i was very sceptical as to the use of these needles but now i have had a good go with them i think i will use them on a regular basis to do all the things i used to use the DPN for like socks seamless garments etc have you had a good or bad time with your round needles

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
You can also use them to do flat knitting too. No dropping the needle when it is connected to a cable..
Would love to see you finished work..

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am transitioning almost exclusively to using circulars. I use them for flat as well as circular knitting. I have carpal tunnel and I find they help alleviate the numbness that those of us with carpal tunnel syndrome experience. I plan on investing in on better circulars with more flexible cables in the near future.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
PauletteB said:
I use both circular and straight needles. I do notice that when I am working with certain yarns or number of stitches it is easier on the arms and hands to use the circulars.
I agree. I tend to use the short straight needles for small things like dishcloths, but with a lot of stitches - CIRCS! Much easier on the hands and arms.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I agree! Unless I don't have the needle size in circs, I will use straights but love the fact that once I put down my knitting I don't have to worry about where the other needle is or having the yarn fall off the needle.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
-knitter said:
PauletteB said:
I use both circular and straight needles. I do notice that when I am working with certain yarns or number of stitches it is easier on the arms and hands to use the circulars.
I agree. I tend to use the short straight needles for small things like dishcloths, but with a lot of stitches - CIRCS! Much easier on the hands and arms.
I agree. The circs ARE much easier on the hands and arms. -knitter, I also use straights for dishcloths. GMTA! :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
I don't even own any straight needles. I bought a Boye set almost 30 years ago when I first got back in to knitting. It was the best investment I ever made! (The funny thing is, the price hasn't changed in that time, & if you buy them somewhere with a 40% or 50% coupon, they are a lot less than I payed!) I do have dpns and have used 2 of them for something small.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
djskatie80 said:
I am transitioning almost exclusively to using circulars. I use them for flat as well as circular knitting. I have carpal tunnel and I find they help alleviate the numbness that those of us with carpal tunnel syndrome experience. I plan on investing in on better circulars with more flexible cables in the near future.
I must hold my needles oddly. I prefer to knit with straight needles as the circulars make my arthritic thumbs ache if I knit for too long. I have a set of square DPNs that are supposed to be easy on arthritic hands but I find the edge of the square digs into the top knuckle of my left hand ring finger. Knit Picks circs have nice flexible cables.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I just gave away my circulars on KF this week. I do better with my dpn. I think it's a good thing we aren't all alike. As I've said before, what a boring world it would be if we were all the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom