Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 6 yr old is a girly girl and just loves this skirt! i changed the pattern a little to go with the girls whishes. i am very pleased with how it came out and like i said she LOVES IT!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Gorgeous skirt - just right for a 'girly girl'! One of my favourite colours too. I can see why your daughter loves it! Oh I meant to say also, you have a very beautiful daughter. I would've loved to have had a little girl, although I adore my four darling sons & baby grandson! :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks i'm really lucky, This one is my Harlee and she is my shadow and loves anything and everthing i make for her, but i have to cpmpete with her older brother for her attention. my youngest is Emerald and she is daddy's girl, but also loves everything i make for her. she wants her skirt next. I love my work too i've gotten sooo much better, just in the last year even. thanks alot ladies i still need encouragement.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks she is easy to knit for as i call her my runway model. she is very tall and skinny. that skirt is only about 19 1/2 in around. she doesn't even have to stretch it to get it on and off. it was fun making it I got to listen to her and her dad arguing about how long it was going to be. he wanted ankle length she wanted knee length. notice whagt she got. :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
missylam said:
Your daughter is beautiful, I have a 6 yr. old great GD. The skirt is so cute. The tiers really make this little skirt. Nice work. :lol: :lol:
i added length to each tier because of how tall she is. then the pattern calls for a crochet picot edge but i didn't know how to do that so i jus did two rows of a modified slip stitch. the second teir isn't supposed to have the i cord but the little one wanted it.http://www.to-knit-knitting-stitches.com/index.html this is the site i got the pattern from. sorry it took so long to post it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom