Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Glenallen took about 5 weeks to knit. The yarn is Jaggerspun Zephyr, lace weight yarn, 50% fine grade merino wool, 50% Chinese tussah silk. The color is called “Copper.” I knit the medium size which took approximately 874 yards, knit on size 3 (3.25 mm) needles, bound off with size 5 needles.

It’s blocked dimensions are 74“ x 37 “.

For me, this is the most difficult of Dee’s designs that I’ve knit so far. (I’ve knit them all except for the Edwina and the Elizabeth.) The Glenallen is definitely not for beginners new to lace knitting. What made this shawl more difficult was adjusting to the lightness of the yarn. Like Dee said, it’s like knitting with air! Amen to that! However, I did finally adjust, but if I had to tink, I had to use my magnifying lenses that I clip onto my glasses in order to see clearly what I was doing. If I didn’t I got into trouble.

A dear friend of mine said to me yesterday when I announced quite loudly that I had finished, (and I paraphrase), “You’re not going to give this to anyone, are you? I think you ought to keep it.” I said, “No. And I wouldn’t sell it. NO ONE could afford it!” – But then, no one could afford any of my shawls.

Thank you, Dee, for such superb designs – there are none more beautiful, more consistently pleasing to the eye than yours – every one of them!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
CathyAnn, Amazing and spectacular! All your shawls you have knit have been exceptional! Yeay!!!! Doesn't it feel good to get it done??? Don't you dare give it away! My husband asked me if I was going to give my Edwina away, and I told him absolutely not! Great job!!! ;0)

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom