Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She wanted to learn how to do cross stitch so started off small and chose "hoot./owl" She was totally absorbed and had concentration and determination in abundance to complete it yesterday! It took her 7 hrs from start to finish and every stitch was perfect!
Her sister has a little Unicorn to make, but she decided that she didn't have enough patience to sit still that long and "do just one thing!" They are both such cute little kids and give is so much joy. She wants to sew a place mat using this as the centre piece so will go through my stash of material next weekend she says. Such imagination....

Attachments

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She knew that it wasn't going to be a "pressure cooked" job and once she started she had to finish it. She has seen all that I have done and have had framed and she wanted to do the same. Next weekend will be a challenge with the sewing machine the first time. I recall teaching her Aunt ( my eldest daughter) to sew and she chose a pure silk material and a Cheong Sam pattern as her first project and it turned out perfect! Nothing too difficult of course! Grrrrrrr.....I toddled off to bed and she stayed up to make it. Not only that, she made me a handbag and lined it with the same material that was left over..complete with a zip too. She is a hopeless insomniac though..she worked out which was the zipper foot to put on the machine too...amazing! I still have that handbag too!

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
Love that she is interested in cross-stitch. She will have a lifetime of satisfaction when she knows and wants to do something with her hands. I've spent many an hour over my lifetime never being bored because I always had something I wanted to work at/on. Great going Grandmother!

·
Registered
18,278 Posts
How adorable..she looks as if she has enjoyed every minute and her work looks fabulous..please post when she has finished..I wonder what her next challenge will be?. :sm02:

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
ChristineM said:
She wanted to learn how to do cross stitch so started off small and chose "hoot./owl" She was totally absorbed and had concentration and determination in abundance to complete it yesterday! It took her 7 hrs from start to finish and every stitch was perfect!
Her sister has a little Unicorn to make, but she decided that she didn't have enough patience to sit still that long and "do just one thing!" They are both such cute little kids and give is so much joy. She wants to sew a place mat using this as the centre piece so will go through my stash of material next weekend she says. Such imagination....
Utterly adorable !!!!!! You are so blessed.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom