Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night at my son's football practice my 3 1/2 yr old daughter Eleanor got in trouble a few times for going beyond the boundaries of where she could play and for not coming to my husband and I when we called her back to the ok zone (we have to seet close to the field they practice on and we don't let her go too far in front of us, lest she get pummeled by s 5th or 6th grader running after the guy with the ball). I explained to her that when we call her she needs to come right away, not ignore us, or play just a little longer only coming when she sees us get up when we are done waiting for her to comply on her own. So this morning when I didn't have the fruits she was asking for, but offered a hug. She came for it and I told her I love her and she says "Mommy I will be good at football today not bad and running away. I will come to you when you call me and be good."
It may not end up going that well, but the fact that she heard, remembered and pondered this pleases me. Cause it seemed to go in one ear and out the other last night!
She is a bit of a crazy and free spirit, who for whatever reason since she learned to walk decided running from me when she has something she shouldn't have and I am trying to get it back, or when I am trying to get her in general when she is where she shouldn't be, is a good idea. Maybe she is finally realizing things go in her favor sooner when she just complies. All of my kids are interesting, and each a blessing and, as I like to think it was actually said, a LESSON from the Lord. I learn as I mother them... I'm just glad to learn their ears may seem painted on at times, but they really are hearing me. Even at that young age.

Attachments

· Registered
2,358 Posts
What a nice story! It is good when you get confirmation that they listen - I know it isn't always clear. My four-year-old last night said "Mummy, I am sorry I keep doing naughty things tonight. I can't seem to help it." Well, at least she knows she was wrong! :)

Your children are all lovely (and I love their names).

· Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks and thanks! We were certainly blessed with good looking, good hearted, and well mannered children. We are always told they are so polite. We always let ourselves relax at home though! I don't get quite as loud in public as I do at home, and they aren't quite as polite at home as when with other adults, but it all balances out and we love each other deeply. As for names.... we just wanted something different. Not so different no one can say it when they see it, but different enough there probably aren't any other in the whole school, or at least in class. So far so good!

· Registered
2,903 Posts
Eleanor has hair and curls just like my daughter did when she was small. She is all grown up now, but she sure had a mind of her own as a child. She still does, but now she knows what she is doing as a teacher.

· Registered
2,903 Posts
Eleanor has hair and curls just like my daughter did when she was small. She is all grown up now, but she sure had a mind of her own as a child. She still does, but now she knows what she is doing as a teacher. Love Eleanor's hair color -- so reminds me of my Annie.

· Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LBush1144 said:
Eleanor has hair and curls just like my daughter did when she was small. She is all grown up now, but she sure had a mind of her own as a child. She still does, but now she knows what she is doing as a teacher. Love Eleanor's hair color -- so reminds me of my Annie.
I hope it stays curly. She looks so different from her older siblings. My mother-in-law says she looks a lot like she did as a child, and my husband says I self pollinated for our older two.
I hope her hair stays curly, and light.
Where in WV are you? We are in WV too!

· Registered
6,297 Posts
Great kids! They may be able to thank their genetics, or God, for good looks, but the good heart and the good manners come from good parenting. Give yourself a pat on the back and keep up the good work!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom