Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share this with members who are curious about inexpensive interchangeable needles. I bought a 3-needle starter set of the Premier Interchangeable acrylic needles last spring for $16.00 and was very happy with them. I've been wanting the complete set since then, so when they went on sale last week at walmart.com for $29.99 I ordered them(early birthday present to me--hee--hee). Got free shipping with store pickup. Great set of nine acrylic needle tips size US 4 thru 11, with four cables 24", 32", 40" and 47", eight cable caps, four keys and a clear plastic zippered case. For those who can't afford expensive interchangeable needles or those who want to try something else these might be a nice alternative. Premier also has a set of three Interchangeable chunky needle tips size US 13, 15 and 17 with three cords, etc., for under $20, I will probably order later to enhance my set. I am just a IP member and am not affiliated with Premier in any way. Also I am careful with my equipment so I can't comment on how these would hold up with very hard use. So far with my Premier starter set I have made the huge Marly Bird Garter KIA shawl, 2 pair of fingerless mitts, 7 Dishcloths, baby cardigan and a ladies bolero using fingering, dk, worsted weight cotton and acrylic yarns with no problems. Since the complete set's needles are from the same materials I expect the same performance. Smooth transition at cable joins, cables are flexible and the needles have the right amount of "yarn grab" for me. Earlier this summer I bought the Premier Deborah Norville comfy Interchangeable needle starter set. These are nice needles too, but I like the acrylic Interchangeable needles a little bit more, however both starter kits are an inexpensive way to acquire Interchangeable needles. This is just my opinion regarding the Premier Interchangeable needles, that I thought I would share. Also, since I started using circular needles I am able to knit longer without aggravating my arthritis, yea!

Attachments

·
Registered
27,128 Posts
thanks for sharing your experience. All the information was very enlightening. I was wondering how sharp the tips are. The sharp tips are my favorite feature of my Harmony Knitpicks.

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
Exciting to get new tools. I like the different colors too as joand said. Will be watching for you to give us an update after you've used them a bit more... sounds like a nice set.
I'll be interested too if they decide to do a cubics set.... seems doable with acrylic ... I know some folks have had breakage with wooden cubics.
Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
27,128 Posts
Thanks for the picture. I can check and see if they have them in the store the next time I am there. Thanks again.
SusieQ57 said:
Not exactly sure if the tips would be classified as sharp or not. I've attached a close up pic of the size six needle hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,184 Posts
Thank you for the information. It was very informative and useful. I did not know Wal-Mart sold those. I may have to try them. I have never felt the need for interchangeable needles, but it might be a good thing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The cables are just right, they are flexible without being too limp. The transition where the needle and cable joins is really smooth, much better than some of the fixed circular needles I have. :sm02:

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Good to know. I have been gifted an early birthday present and plan on buying myself a set of interchangeables. I've been looking at the Addi Turbos but they are over $100. The acrylic set sounds like a good choice.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom