Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
How it works ... decide which colour is for 1 row and which colour is for 10 rows, I use right side for 1's and left side for 10's

for each row you knit or crochet you move one bead down on the right to count for 1 row, when you have done 9 rows move that set of beads back up and move 1 down on the left side to count for 10 rows, for the 11th row you have 1 bead down for 10 and move 1 bead down in the first row

·
Registered
151 Posts
I use this same counter (from my golfing days). When I have finished a row, I move down 1 lilac bead. You can move the bead at the beginning of the row or when you have finished it. Your choice. When all lilac beads have been moved down, you are done with ten rows. Now you can move 1 purple bead down and move the lilac ones up so you can start over counting to ten. Each purple bead counts as 10 rows. For example: after 25 rows you would have 2 purple beads moved down and 5 lilac beads down. When you come back to your project, you will know to start with row 26. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I love the row counter, that is a neat idea.

Crafty Gardener I love your blog, especially the photos of the birds. I bookmarked it so I can browse. I went in through the link under your post - just had to search a bit for the row counter but that way I saw lots of other things too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom