Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The completed puzzle afghan posted a few weeks ago was the kick I needed to get going on my project. :) I'd put it aside for a bit as I was working on items for a fund raiser, but that was done a few weeks ago. The afghan doesn't need to be done until November, for my grandson Levi's 4th birthday, who is in the Autism Spectrum. He loves the bright colors I'm using, and when I go babysit for him, he loves to "help" by picking what color piece I should make next, and he'll hold the skein of yarn and pull yarn out as I need it. He also clicks the row counter for me. It's nice to have this hold his attention. This view is from the bottom up. I have 9 more rows to do. I knit enough pieces for a row, then attach them. That way I won't have a zillion pieces to do all at once.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,811 Posts
may I just say to you that this is just out of this world and its fantastic and well what can I say about the colours wow wow wow excellent you are fabulous at that knitting aren't you.

great stuff and you should be proud of yourself.

angela

BBatten17 said:
The completed puzzle afghan posted a few weeks ago was the kick I needed to get going on my project. :) I'd put it aside for a bit as I was working on items for a fund raiser, but that was done a few weeks ago. The afghan doesn't need to be done until November, for my grandson Levi's 4th birthday, who is in the Autism Spectrum. He loves the bright colors I'm using, and when I go babysit for him, he loves to "help" by picking what color piece I should make next, and he'll hold the skein of yarn and pull yarn out as I need it. He also clicks the row counter for me. It's nice to have this hold his attention. This view is from the bottom up. I have 9 more rows to do. I knit enough pieces for a row, then attach them. That way I won't have a zillion pieces to do all at once.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,194 Posts
It is wonderful. I love the colors. How nice that Levi has helped. It will be all the more special to him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your kind words! It's been fun to knit, and the pieces do knit up fast. I can get a piece done in about 45 minutes. The yarn is Red Heart Supersaver. I wanted something durable, because I know it'll be washed a LOT, lol.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,118 Posts
How fun to be knitting this special afghan with Levi's help! It's wonderful, and I'm sure that he'll love it all the more because he helped in its construction! What a treasure!! Great work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,738 Posts
I love it. That it is for your grandson makes it so much more precious. Your story put a smile on my face. It was nice knowing that you involved him in the making. What a fantastic way to share with your grandson, Grandma!!!

Your afghan makes me wonder if there is an puzzle afghan pattern out there where each row is knitted across...using intarsia. Maybe even a pattern done on a knitting machine. Hmmmmm. The wheels are turning. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GinB said:
I love it. That it is for your grandson makes it so much more precious. Your story put a smile on my face. It was nice knowing that you involved him in the making. What a fantastic way to share with your grandson, Grandma!!!

Your afghan makes me wonder if there is an puzzle afghan pattern out there where each row is knitted across...using intarsia. Maybe even a pattern done on a knitting machine. Hmmmmm. The wheels are turning. :)
Thank you Ginny! Actually, there is a pattern similar to this that is knitted straight across. It's done in stockinette stitch. Check this post, the pattern is in a book called Stashbusters.

http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-185606-17.html#3644298
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just thought I'd show you all a pic of my little sweetie Levi! Well, not so little, he's 3-1/2 years old and already over 60 lbs! Most folks who see him think he's at least age 5. Both his dad (my son) and mom are tall. He's the youngest of 4 kids and they're all quite all.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,738 Posts
BBatten17 said:
Thank you Ginny! Actually, there is a pattern similar to this that is knitted straight across. It's done in stockinette stitch. Check this post, the pattern is in a book called Stashbusters.

http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-185606-17.html#3644298
BBatten,

Thank you so much for the links. I think this would be just darling to make...in either puzzle pieces or all in one.

BTW, Levi looks so happy and vibrant. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Ginny
 
1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom