Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bunch of little scraps of yarn that would normally not have been very useful on thier own for projects as I did not have more in the same dyelot and they were bought so long ago that I would never be able to find a match for them now...so I was sitting there looking at this bag of scraps when I decided to just start crocheting a chain and what it would become would be up to it...anyway my hands flew and I just kept adding more and more stitches then finally what came along was this beautiful wrap that is just big enough to go around my shoulders and keep me warm on a cool summer night...the yarns are a mixed bag of fibers and the sizes although close to the same were not exact so it has color and character to spare but I love the way that it turned out...I also have to say thanx to my wonderful Husband who modeled it so that I could get good pics of the way it fits...please don't laugh too hard at the way it looks on him or the face he is making...LOL...he was not really happy about doing it but bless his soul he did it anyways even knowing as I said I wouldn't show his face that there was no way I could post the pictures without doing just that...he is definately my angel...So here is one of my most recent completed projects...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx for all the nice compliments...As you can see he was not really happy but I caught him using it last night as his feet were chilly so he draped it over his feet and legs while he was watching tv!!! Yes I gave him a good reward I made him strawberry shortcake for desert whipped cream and all..I guess that made up for cause he was smiling ear to ear when he got done eating it...LOL...Gotta just Love 'em...and I am definately going to keep him...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
redquilter said:
I don't know why he's upset. I think it's "him". :) Seriously, he's a good sport and I love what you created from left over yarn and a starting chain!
It is quite amazing what comes from our hands when we don't even think about it... I thought it looked good on him too and when I told him he frowned even harder than he was in the picture...LOL...but your right he is a good sport and the only thing I couldn't possibly make him model was the skirt I made...he totally refused that one :lol:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think that is a beautiful one of a kind shawl...I like the mixed colors and the design...that is a good way to use your yarn...I am sure it will be just the thing to keep your shoulders warm this coming winter....your husband is a good sport for modeling it....this gives me an idea as to how I could use some of my odd yarn

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom