Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I took the grands out for breakfast this morning, then to the Dollar Tree, then back to our house for a while. The kids were involved in their Dollar Tree purchases, and I excused myself to go to the restroom. Almost immediatly there is a knock at the door.

Little Dave, age 5: "Nana, are you washing your hands?" He says this innocently enough, but I'm pretty sure he knows I am not washing my hands.

Me: "No, dear, I'm on the potty."

Pop-pops: "Come on back here, Dave. Nana's busy"

Dave says: "NO! I'm in line!"

Well, that just cracked me up. Two seconds later,

Dave: "Nana, are you done yet?"

Me: "Almost..."

Dave busts in and announces, "Well, it's my turn!"

LOL! Kids are so much fun!

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
You made me smile tonight!!! I love some of the things kids come up with.

I do Grandma Daycare for my one and almost-three-year old grandkids during the week and I journal every night those special antics that made me laugh during the day. At the end of the year, my daughter gets a CD of the entire year so she gets the best of what she missed while she was at work. It is also my hope that someday the grandkids read them and know how much I loved them being part of my days.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Too cute! Out of the mouth of babes. My grandkids (all 18 of them) have had me laughing until tears come rolling down my face.

Homesphppr ~ What an awesome idea with the CD and journaling their antics.

·
Registered
15,542 Posts
I used to work in a nursery (for 7 years) and at the end of each day I wrote down funny things kids said and did. It's become a precious memory now that I've left. We have a baby granddaughter now and another on the way, so I look forward to lots more funny incidents.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I never truly realized how much I missed because so many of my grandchildren (26 of them) live so far away and I got to see them once maybe twice a year. Now that I have two grandchildren that live rather close by (6 miles to be exact) and I provide sitter service while Mom works 3-4 days a week I know what I had missed. I am only sorry that I was not able to see my other grandchildren more.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
What a precious treasure for your daughter and grand kids!

Homeshppr said:

I do Grandma Daycare for my one and almost-three-year old grandkids during the week and I journal every night those special antics that made me laugh during the day. At the end of the year, my daughter gets a CD of the entire year so she gets the best of what she missed while she was at work. It is also my hope that someday the grandkids read them and know how much I loved them being part of my days.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
393 Posts
My BFF of 30 yrs or more finally came to see me. We haven't seen each other in the 30 yrs. She came with her daughter and SIL and their daughter Ciera, who is 3. Donna never was able to have children and Ciera is adopted. Ciera has MS. I never stopped laughing with what this child comes out with. We went out for lunch at the Golden Corral and she wanted cotton candy. Of course, she had to eat her main meal before and she tried every excuse under the sun to get the cotton candy. Her parents were insistent and then she looks over at my daughter, Heather who is 30 and looks back at her mother and says, " Heather wants cotton candy, too." We all broke out laughing. She did eat and got her cotton candy which you could tell she enjoyed every bite of it. God Blesses us with children, one way or another.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
What a wonderful idea and such a thoughtful gift for your daughter and for your Grands!

Homeshppr said:

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Oh, Carol, I can relate! My 2 year old grandson, Logan, sometimes comes to the door when I am in the bathroom. All of a sudden I see a little hand and arm reaching under the door jamb and hear a voice, "Gamma, gamma, pee pee on da potty!" He just turned two last month, but will use the potty on occasion. Of course, then he gets the stool and washes his hands and usually wants to brush his teeth too. What lucky Grandmas we are!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Yesterday I was talking to my son in New Jeresy on facetime.
He asked my grandson Quinn, who is two and a half if he wanted to talk to grandma? Quinn took one look at me on the phone and took of running. When I am there we play chase around the house and I hide. When he finds me I yell boo and he gets so excited and takes off again. My son has to run behind him so he thinks I'm chasing him. Can't wait until I go next month to visit. I sure will get my excerise!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Enjoy every minute of your visit! Before you know it, they're grown and off to college and you wonder where the time went!!

knitwit42 said:
Yesterday I was talking to my son in New Jeresy on facetime.
He asked my grandson Quinn, who is two and a half if he wanted to talk to grandma? Quinn took one look at me on the phone and took of running. When I am there we play chase around the house and I hide. When he finds me I yell boo and he gets so excited and takes off again. My son has to run behind him so he thinks I'm chasing him. Can't wait until I go next month to visit. I sure will get my excerise!
:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom