Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving in to town today headed to work and saw something in the road. I slowed down because it looked like garbage and I was thinking, "How terrible that people just toss their trash" So I slowed down because I didn't want to hit something and then discovered as I was slowing and and straddling it it looked like to bags of yarn. I pulled over and picked them. Kind of like "found money" Nice surprise, nothing special with the yarn about 6 skeins total. I'll find some way to use it or donate it.
Great way to start the day!

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
You know, maybe God gave you that yarn for a special reason! That just does not happen that you find yarn in the road! Better hold on to it for a bit to see what He has in mind.

·
Premium Member
29,487 Posts
Bet someone put it on top of the car to get in and oh oh! I sure am glad we have plastic cups! I broke a favorite glass in my own driveway, learned the hard way. Several times we have honked to ladys whose purses are having the ride of a life time!!

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Maybe you are meant to befriend someone who lost their yarn.

Don't know how - maybe an ad in he local rag?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Was there a receipt in the bag? I think too I would run an ad before claiming it as my own. Especially if it was yarn of any value. Hard to believe any knitter would lose 6 skeins of yarn and not feel sad. But if no one claims it, how awesome for you!

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I have recently left a bag somewhere on my travels that contained a black lace shawl on new needles and 4 packages of dpn's that were a gift. I am sure I left the bag in the hotel room but it was not turned in by cleaning staff or the next occupant. I wish so much that it had been. Do try to find the owner of the found yarn.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I go along with those saying to try to find the owner...I would be so cross if I had lost yarn. See if the local radio will put out a shout, or go to the local press and get them to print your story...the actual road you found it on, the make, colour and number of skeins do not have to be printed, and the local press may even field calls from people claiming it to be theirs....the person who lost the yarn would be able to relate their journey between retail outlet and home.

·
Registered
637 Posts
honey the luck of the day was that you saved the bags of wool from getting ruined some one paid for them and we all the same can not afford to loose at least try to find the owner as been said happy days

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
333pet said:
honey the luck of the day was that you saved the bags of wool from getting ruined some one paid for them and we all the same can not afford to loose at least try to find the owner as been said happy days
I agree, try to find the owner. If it had been me who lost the yarn, I would be very upset as I could not afford to loose 6 skeins of yarn of any value.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ronie said:
I like the way you think! And I totally agree with you...
Sorry dear I do not agree God wanted her to find it so she will meet another friend that is the owner of the wool as she will befriend her for her honesty

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Is it synthetic? If not, make sure it is not infested with moths, silverfish, etc. You don't want it spread to your own stash.
(Sorry to inject such a "downer" to the conversation)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom