Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
That is really gorgeous and looks wonderful on you. How long did it take you to finish it? I am working on my first pullover sweater and am just excited that I am almost done with the back. LOL

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Anita,
thank you, I think I purchased the yarn in the warm weather, and started it. but then i didn't work on it for about 2 mths,lol. So after i picked it up again, I kept working this time.
Good luck with yours, Carol

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Lovely!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Knitter mama and Sailor Rae,
thank you so much.
Now i think i'll do a shorter one, it's made from the top down. I like that kind, you can try it on while it's being worked on, to check the length of sleeves. I think the sleeves are attached too, i don't like sewing so many pieces together,lol.
thanks again, Carol

·
Registered
807 Posts
That is so neat. I would not have chose the pattern but after seeing it on you. Will look for a pattern like it. I have been knitting over 40 years now and never done a thing for myself. Your sweater is so pretty thank you for sharing. Betty

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Lois and Jill,
thank you so much, this was mostly knit and pearl. I had to ask help too for the pockets, but it was fairly easy.
The pattern was in the Sept. 2008 issue of Creative knitting. I finally decided to make it in 2010.
I love the squares in the pattern. I made the small, and it fits great.
thank you both, Carol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Julie, Patty, and Courier,
thanks so much for the compliments. I had to make this because i just love sweater coats, and the pattern sounded easy , I just got stuck a little about the pockets. because the outside of the pockets are made while working on the fronts.
As for the dog, I don't know why he was there looking up at me, might have thought i had a cookie in my pocket, sometimes i do, and he puts his head in the pocket to get it.
thanks again, Carol

·
Registered
926 Posts
CJ of NJ said:
Hi Julie, Patty, and Courier,
thanks so much for the compliments. I had to make this because i just love sweater coats, and the pattern sounded easy , I just got stuck a little about the pockets. because the outside of the pockets are made while working on the fronts.
As for the dog, I don't know why he was there looking up at me, might have thought i had a cookie in my pocket, sometimes i do, and he puts his head in the pocket to get it.
thanks again, Carol
OH that is so cute, I too, have a dog & they sure do become our babies waiting for treats.
Mine lays beside me while I crochet or craft.

Hope to finish my cardi this yr.
BUt I am dismayed at the results.
I bought JoAnn's Sensations Boucle yarn in a pretty black & mauve color way.
Well the thing looks like an Indian Blanket --do ya know what i mean?
Big thick bands of each color... & it runs east to west--achhh.. just what i need at the hips~!

I most likely will wear at home & while walking the dog.
hugs

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Patty,
This dog cant sit with me, he 's always with his daddy,
but i have 2 other dogs, chihuahua's, they are always with me,, and don't worry about the stripes, i'm sure it looks good on you.

courier, thanks again,

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom