Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a weeks cruise to Alaska and wanted to share some of my photos with all of you. I went on the Norweign Jewel the sunset is of the Pacific ocean north of Vancouver Is. of Canada. This is Sawyer Glacier. The base of it is taller than our 14 storied ship. It was very cold near the glacier and I needed my hoodie and my heavy coat to be able to be outside. It was quite icey and we could not get close to the glacier. As you can see our ship and ice floating all around. The way the weather was the ice was very brilliant blue. I have never seen ice that way before.
This was my very fist cruise and we did have loads of fun

Attachments

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing your special vacation pictures with us. My Dear Husband has always wanted to take a cruise to Alaska. I'll have to show him your pictures tomorrow. :)

Love the sunset on the ocean!

·
Registered
12,005 Posts
Love your pictures. The blue color of the glaciers is always that way, which is so beautiful. Don't want to get very close to the things as they may calf and it's dangerous to be too close. Our family want on a cruise two years ago to AK, went from Vancouver, BC to Seward, then my daughter up there picked us up and we spent a week at their cabin, then a week at their home, DH and GS come home and we had another nearly two weeks of just us girls, what a joyful time we all had. I love the towns along the way of our cruise, and I also love Seward, and 'The Flying Skein' yarn shop in Seward. We have been there on the 4th of July for the races up Mt. Marathon, unbelievable race. I usually go to AK about once a year, sometimes twice, I love it up there, but not for winter. OH, the state fair is going on now, and I won some big purple rosette ribbons. I think two of them, for knit baby items, sweater and booties.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
My cousin and his wife went last year on a Cruise to Alaska and loved it. They suggests that if anyone gets a chance to go to Alaska. We have friends that are living in Alaska.

·
Registered
403 Posts
We went several years ago and just loved it. If someone is considering it - DO IT - before all the glaciers are gone. Some friends of ours went to the same places we did and took pictures; when we compared the pics we were shocked at the differences in the ice masses.

·
Registered
403 Posts
We went several years ago and just loved it. If someone is considering it - DO IT - before all the glaciers are gone. Some friends of ours went to the same places we did and took pictures; when we compared the pics we were shocked at the differences in the ice. They had ice flows in places that we had huge ice masses.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We went to Alaska several years ago and did the four day land and 4 day cruise and loved it. You cannot explain it to anybody that was never there how beautiful it is. If you have a chance to go , go because you will never regret it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My husband and I spend 4 weeks in Alaska every 2-3 yr. We rent a camper, and I do some dance instruction along the way. It's absolutely breath taking, and if I could move anywhere else, I would be there in a heartbeat. Thanx for sharing, and making me look forward to next summer....

·
Registered
350 Posts
Shhhh! Don't tell any one else! Keep our secret. Living here year round id interesting and chalenging and like being on vacation especially during the summer. I live in Anchorage and can see McKinley (Denali) on clear days and just say aaahhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Lucky you!
andreah said:
Shhhh! Don't tell any one else! Keep our secret. Living here year round id interesting and chalenging and like being on vacation especially during the summer. I live in Anchorage and can see McKinley (Denali) on clear days and just say aaahhhhhhhhhhhh

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom