Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read with envy the posts from knitters who obtained a bunch of yarn at a reasonable cost. A few days ago I went to my LYS to buy some DPNs and she gave me a notice of a BIG yarn sale. Went back yesterday for the sale and, as I just finished calculating, got $247.00 worth of yarn for $45.00. Many different kinds and all beautiful!!! Got an additional 5% off because I was wearing my "I voted" sticker--U.S election day!!

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
smbrnnha said:
I have read with envy the posts from knitters who obtained a bunch of yarn at a reasonable cost. A few days ago I went to my LYS to buy some DPNs and she gave me a notice of a BIG yarn sale. Went back yesterday for the sale and, as I just finished calculating, got $247.00 worth of yarn for $45.00. Many different kinds and all beautiful!!! Got an additional 5% off because I was wearing my "I voted" sticker--U.S election day!!
Awesome deal!

I doubt that the store knew that it was illegal to give a discount for that purpose. Isn't that just dumb? It is against the United States Code to give disounts or incentives for voting. Dumb.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oh, I am GREEN with envy --- the whole of Nova Scotia only has two yarn stores - both in the capital, Halifax.... 3 and 1/2 hours away. The nearest little town is nearly an hour away. So a) I don't get sales but b) I'm far away from temptation!
Thank goodness for online buying - how did people manage before.
cj

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
I envy you guys in the US and Europe, where I live we only have a few wool shops and they charge like a wounded bull for yarn,as does just about anywhere in Australia. I have sometimes purchased online when there are sales, however I am not too sure where all the good online stores are. I especially love knitting with Debbie Bliss yarn. Can anyone help.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom