Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first one is in jewel tones but it doesn't really show very well for the camera. When I used the flash it showed too bright. I made the 90 stitch version with this yarn.

The 2nd one is done in a yarn called Jeweltones by Debora Norville (Premier Yarns). It has teeny tiny sequins in it. I like it better than the first one. I made the 60 stitch version with this one.

Thank you for looking.

Anita

Attachments

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I love that pattern and hope someday to be good enough to make one. You have wowed me twice in a row with these lovelies.

Thanks to the photo lightener; what fabulous yarn you chose.

Which do you like better- the smaller one or the larger and why if you have a minute to answer...

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lynda M Otvos said:
I love that pattern and hope someday to be good enough to make one. You have wowed me twice in a row with these lovelies.

Thanks to the photo lightener; what fabulous yarn you chose.

Which do you like better- the smaller one or the larger and why if you have a minute to answer...[/quote

Thank you! Lynda, you CAN make this! It's actually easy. It's all knit (garter stitch) and the instructions are clear & the pattern is free. What could be better? The darker one is using a light worsted weight yarn. It is very warm. The one in the gray shades is lighter in weight (closer to fingering weight) & has nice drape. I prefer the grey because of the drape. I also love how it patterned due to the longer spaces as the colors fade one into the other.

Bite the bullet & give it a try. :)

Anita

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
needlelark said:
Beautiful beautiful wingspans. (Have the yarn for my first one...but still haven't summoned up the courage to begin)!
Ditto. I bought Amazing yarn for mine but I think I may crochet it rather than knit, which will take me forever, but not ready to start just yet because I'm moving and working on Xmas gifts. Too many projects ....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom