Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Everyone has been wonderful in sending their support and best wishes for our little dog Mysi. Unfortunately she passed away during the night. The only consolations we have are that she didn't suffer longterm and that she was with her humans. The grief we feel at present is as bad as when my Mum passed away, but at least we know she isn't suffering anymore. Doesn't make it any easier.

·
Registered
12,324 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose one of our furry family members. I'm glad she didn't suffer and you were the last thing she saw when she closed her eyes for her long sleep. When our pets pass away, we say they have crossed The Rainbow Bridge and are running and chasing butterflies. Take comfort knowing your little Mysi is running with my Emmie, whom we lost in Dec. And that's when our little Ginger surprisingly dropped into our lives. In fact, I registered her AKC name as "Emmie D's Ginger Surprise". Emmie for our dog that died, D for the vet tech that called us to take Ginger, and Ginger definitely was a surprise! Go ahead and cry and know that it is alright. Your heart will heal over time. Hugs.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MzBarnz said:
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose one of our furry family members. I'm glad she didn't suffer and you were the last thing she saw when she closed her eyes for her long sleep. When our pets pass away, we say they have crossed The Rainbow Bridge and are running and chasing butterflies. Take comfort knowing your little Mysi is running with my Emmie, whom we lost in Dec. And that's when our little Ginger surprisingly dropped into our lives. In fact, I registered her AKC name as "Emmie D's Ginger Surprise". Emmie for our dog that died, D for the vet tech that called us to take Ginger, and Ginger definitely was a surprise! Go ahead and cry and know that it is alright. Your heart will heal over time. Hugs.
Thankyou. It is hard. My husband has ordered me NOT to get another dog. We still have Smudge, but he loved Mysi - she was a great playmate for him. I'll see how he goes over the next few days - weeks. We got him when we had our previous dog, Deli and when she died we got Mysi because he fretted for a playmate. Much as David doesn't want another dog - we may just have to get one, but it will have to be small, female, desexed and not too old.
Mysi came into our lives quite unexpectedly. Deli had died the previous day and David was still raw over her loss. She was a Cairn terrier x Sydney Silkie and he had her for about 12 years. She had lost most of her sight and aver 3/4 of her hearing. She always stood next to me when he drove down the driveway and this particular day she was a bit slow and ran around behind his work truck while he was reversing. He ran over her and she died within 30 seconds of him reaching her and holding her. She is buried at the side of our house in her favourite "sunny spot" and we are going to bury Mysi next to her.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
it is hard hope goes well for David I know how you feel. I lose one of my dogs only about six months after my husband had died last year

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Blessings to you, it is so hard to lose someone we love..and I know how hard the time was after my chow had to be put down,3yrs ago. Also my kitty this yr. The best medicine for me was rescuing an abused McNab..and throwing my emotions into her healing..and my daughter gave me another cat a few weeks after I had to put my kitty down. I hope you find peace in knowing your love for your baby will never die.

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
So sorry for your loss, but be patient with your husband. We got another dog a few days after losing one - and for me it was too soon! It took me quite a while to bond with the pup.
The next time we waited 8 weeks and I was more than ready - this time it was my husband who didn't want another dog - and who is the most besotted??
So grieve for your wee friend - your heart will tell you when you are ready for another furry family member.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
I am so sorry to hear your news Knittingdragon. It is never easy for us to lose our pets. Mysi will be missed. No other pet can take their place I know. Maybe when the time is right another pet may come along. After we lost our last pet, I have said no more. It breaks our heart and I don't think I can go through it all again. Thinking of you. regards Glennis.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If we do end up getting another dog it will be a rescue dog - they make the best pets because of where we get them from. The Council animal pound isn't the greatest place to be an inmate and I really believe they know they have been abandoned by their previous owners. There are no small dogs there at present nor at the place I got Miah, so I will keep my nose to the ground. When I first got Mysi, David was really angry and Mysi knew it. She gave him a wide berth for several weeks, then one evening she had enough of his ranting, went into his office, jumped up on his lap and settled herself for the long haul. He immediately put her down - she jumped back up. He put her down for a third and fourth time then promptly shut the office door. She came out to me and whimpered, so I went along the passage and quietly opened the door. This time he didn't put her down and from then on Mysi followed him EVERYWHERE. She loved me and showed it with hugs and smooches, but as soon as she saw David I didn't exist anymore. It was so funny to watch but also tugged at the heart strings. He found her this morning and by the time I got up he was outwardly over his crying, but then he broke down again when he told me she had gone. We buried her this evening and both shed a few tears. Smudge was with us and was very sedate for him. I think he also realised she was gone and he just lay down on the path as we dug her grave and buried her. Then he calmly walked away with us. He changed when I brought out his dinner, though.
I am really touched by all of the loving wishes and condolences from you all. I haven't been eith the group for very long - only since early June, but the feeling of extended family is special. Thankyou everyone. It means a lot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom