Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make my husband a new checkered flag blanket, and I want to use a certain scarf pattern but the squares are just NOT coming out square. So I guess I'll start over AGAIN and just use the dishcloth pattern. I want perfect squares and I know the dishcloth pattern makes perfect squares. I'll post as I go along. This is a pic of the one I started and am not happy with.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,853 Posts
Good luck with your blanket. Sometimes the vision in your head takes awhile to materialize!

I just found the attached crochet pattern yesterday on facebook. I keep telling my almost 8 year old grandson I will make him a big boys blanket if he gives up the baby one I made for him. I keep repairing it for him, but it is so thread bare, I don't know how its still holding together!

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/race-car-throw

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, I like them, but my fave is Joey Logano #20, my husbands' fave is of course Earnhardt JR because he was and is a HUGE Dale fan.
crafty19391 said:
I too would like a knitted version as whole family are Nascar fans and all different drivers.Earnhardt Jr,Tony Stewart,Carl Edwards,Kevin Harvick,Mark Martin, Kyle Busch.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You are a lot like me. Do you know how many WIP's I've frogged because I want to tweak the pattern into something a little different? It's all in the creative process. After you get it the way you want, you'll look back and be able to tell what you did wrong in the first place and then you've learned something!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom