Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,

Any Nascar fans amongst us?

I can't wait for them to rev the engines and get started.

I had the honor of meeting and chatting with The King,Richard Petty. I was schoolgirl awestruck. It was something I will never forget.

Let' go racing boys!!
Linda

·
Registered
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Intimidator was awesome. There will never be another. Such a loss. I remember standing in front of my TV that aweful day sobbing.

I like Jimmy and Carl also. Tony Stewart is MY BAD BOY guy. Just love his scruffy face!!

Saw a race in NH.

Soon ladies soon. But oh it is so hard to knit watching the race. I get crazy screaming at the TV. My dog thinks I've gone bonkers!!

Keep knitting
Linda

·
Registered
367 Posts
:thumbup: HI you can count me in as a NASCAR fan! Never watched it until my gentleman friend got me hooked. Now, I plan my weekend activities according to when a race is on. My favorite driver is Matt Kenseth. Boogety, boogety, boogety-- Let's go racing,boys! My name is Carol (also known as finn55)and I'm a Cheesehead from Northern WI. We are SO proud of our Packers, and, especially, Aaron Rodgers. (Bret,who??)

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I don't think Jr. will ever come close to his dad as a driver either.
Jr. doesn't seem to have the aggresivness Sr. had. Of course NASCAR keeps changing the rules, adding more rules etc. making it difficult to be a hard nosed race car driver.

·
Registered
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You are so lucky..Talladega

I can't wait.

Everyone is so right, there will never be another Dale Sr.
But he probably wouldn't be the same with todays rules.

Little E is his own person.

Let's all think positive for a safe season for all the drivers and pit crews and fans.

Open your window and we can all shout..boogety, boogety let's go racing together in a very few days. Wouldn't that be an awesome sound?

Linda

·
Registered
446 Posts
Dale Sr. will be sadly missed by everyone who was involved with NASCAR. The world lost a really good driver. Jr. won't be like his dad because his dad got away with the "tricks" he pulled while on the track.....thus the Intimidator was born! I'm now a Jeff Gordon fan an can't wait for the Daytona!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love Nascar too. My favorite idriver s Jeff Gordon. I met him once at a fan event in Chicago. He's quite a guy. Our family have been fans ever since the Richard Petty days. We run our own pool every week and go out for a Nascar dinner together with some of the money after that last race. Won't be long now.

By the way, I'm Linda from Rochester, NY. I'm in the middle of knitting a baby blanket too. Now I know why I usually do something smaller. I'm going to send it to Debbie MaComber for one of the charities she supports. I then hope to do some other knitting for local charities. Maybe will have some things done by next winter.

·
Registered
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very soon now we will hear the roar of the engines and sit glued to the TV.
It is so hard to knit and watch. I get so caught up in the race. Love when they start bumping..good ole days of racing.

They guys are getting "old" and each race seems to have a new baby.

Linda

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom