Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Thanks for sharing those pictures with us. They are all beautiful works. Must be extraodinary to be able to see them in person.

Reactions: Kaynewt

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wonderful artwork. You might also like to visit the Woolarock Museum in Bartlesvill,OK. They have some excellent Western art including the famous painting Trail of Tears. It is located on the ranch of Frank Phillips, founder of Phillips 66.

·
Registered
16,804 Posts
It's been 40 years since I visited that museum, but it is so memorable. Loved the Fredrick Remington sculptures and I fell in love with Gary Cooper from his portrait dressed as a cowboy that hangs gallantly on the walls of this museum. Love the first photo you showed us especially.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
My family visited the museum when I was a teen. It was one the only cross country trip my parents ever did with me - visiting family in Illinois.I remember that I loved it then, but it was about 50 years ago.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My family visited the museum when I was a teen. It was one the only cross country trip my parents ever did with me - visiting family in Illinois.I remember that I loved it then, but it was about 50 years ago.
I also visited the museum as a teen on a cross-country trip with my family, exactly 50 years ago. It makes me wonder if we might have crossed paths! It was very impressive and informative. Western art was a bit of a novelty to me at the time as a Michigander. About eighteen years ago I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a vase decorated with horsehair and a beautiful painting by Del Iron Cloud (in Rapid City, South Dakota) that I enjoy very much. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos, Geebart, and giving me a nice trip down memory lane!

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wonderful artwork. You might also like to visit the Woolarock Museum in Bartlesvill,OK. They have some excellent Western art including the famous painting Trail of Tears. It is located on the ranch of Frank Phillips, founder of Phillips 66.
Thanks- my friend and I have talked about a road trip to Bartlesville - visit Ree Drummonds store and I think there is a tall grass prairie there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top Bottom