Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else have a problem navigating Knitting Pattern Central? So much of it looks like advertisements etc.
I loved the old site but can't figure this one out. Thanks

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
All you have to do is scroll a little more. Everything was at the top on the old format - now it is below the ads. Ads are "useless" to the paying advertiser if they are hidden or out of the way.... And obviously, the owners of the site are struggling like the rest of us for income, and since they are kind enough to provide the service for us, the least we can do is support them and be kind and considerate and compassionate to them while they work things out!

I am always amazed at how demanding people are about the quality of the *FREE* things they are provided with....

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RoxyCatlady said:
All you have to do is scroll a little more. Everything was at the top on the old format - now it is below the ads. Ads are "useless" to the paying advertiser if they are hidden or out of the way.... And obviously, the owners of the site are struggling like the rest of us for income, and since they are kind enough to provide the service for us, the least we can do is support them and be kind and considerate and compassionate to them while they work things out!

I am always amazed at how demanding people are about the quality of the *FREE* things they are provided with....
In no way was I critical of the site!! I was just asking for help to navigate the site NOTHING MORE!
Sometimes people try to read things into a comment that are just not there.

·
Registered
10,813 Posts
Mary JB said:
RoxyCatlady said:

In no way was I critical of the site!! I was just asking for help to navigate the site NOTHING MORE!
Sometimes people try to read things into a comment that are just not there.
My public apologies - it wasn't *YOU* I was referring to.... (see PM)

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Let me say this. I appreciate that we have a site like it. I don't mind the ads. I don't mind that the general format has been changed.

I do wish that when the young folks do these changes, they try to think about who is using the pages. In making the font smaller and lighter in color and allowing less space between the lines it makes it a good deal harder to enjoy using.

·
Banned
13,778 Posts
I thought it was just me... I get frustrated when they move things around in my grocery store AND there is someone around to ask about the new location! LOL I have some difficulty "working around" lots of extra info. on the sites, but if it helps them keep the site running, then I TRY to look at as an opportunity for me to learn.

But, to answer your question and to give you some "moral support", it is much more difficult to find anything with this new format. I find that I have to set aside a little more time now when browsing this site and only do so when I am in a patient mood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom