Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a KNITTED poncho pattern (hopefully free, but not required) for a Cabbage Patch doll? I'm buying my granddaughter her first CP doll for Christmas but it doesn't come with any spare clothing! I wish I had all the clothes from my own daughter's dolls, but mice got into the stored collection so much of it was thrown away.

I was wondering if any of you doll clothing makers know if the American Girl doll is the same or similar to Cabbage Patch? I see a lot of nice things for AG, but I'm not sure it would fit on CP dolls.

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Have you tried this? Got to Google.com and copy paste this phrase into the search box 'cabbage patch kids clothes knitting patterns free' and see if you can find it. Or try 'cabbage patch knitted cape patterns free' or crochet.
I wonder if a top down baby sweater pattern would work, just done bother about the sleeves.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cathryn 2ed said:
Have you tried this? Got to Google.com and copy paste this phrase into the search box 'cabbage patch kids clothes knitting patterns free' and see if you can find it. Or try 'cabbage patch knitted cape patterns free' or crochet.
I wonder if a top down baby sweater pattern would work, just done bother about the sleeves.
What a great idea! Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
I have a couple of Cabbage Page pattern books that I inherited from my Aunt. I've never really even looked through them. I'll check tonight when I get home and let you know.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MrsO said:
I have a couple of Cabbage Page pattern books that I inherited from my Aunt. I've never really even looked through them. I'll check tonight when I get home and let you know.
That would be great. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi Knitwitconnie,
The CP doll is bigger than the AG doll. I have knit years ago for the CP dolls, but I don't know where the patterns are... I think both dolls might be approx. same height, but CP is "chunkier" Joyce

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mombr4 said:
I don't know much about patterns for dolls, or what size an American doll is, if it might be close to the size of a cabbage patch doll.
There is a pattern for a poncho for an American doll at the following link. If not the right size maybe you can alter this pattern.

http://knittingonthenet.com/patterns/dollsagponcho.htm
Thank you very much! Appreciate the pattern. It might be very workable !

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
westpond said:
Hi Knitwitconnie,
The CP doll is bigger than the AG doll. I have knit years ago for the CP dolls, but I don't know where the patterns are... I think both dolls might be approx. same height, but CP is "chunkier" Joyce
Thanks for the info. I think you are right about being chunkier. Good call. I see that in a picture of an AG now. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mozey50 said:
I have one for cp doll but its crochet let me know if your interested
I would be interested. I don't do much crochet, but I have a friend who could help me with the poncho if I get stuck. I could take a look, and maybe someone else here might be interested, too.
Thanks !!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi knitwitconnie,
I just finished knitting the poncho for the AG doll, it is not sewn together yet, I put it up to the CP doll, way too small. To make it fit the CP doll, I would just co more stitches. If you have a doll handy, measure it. This knitted one wont fit over the CP head. I thought maybe to double the # of stitches, but that looks like too much. It really doesn't matter how far down the poncho hangs....this knitted one only cover the CP doll's chest and doesn't reach her underarms...I hope this helps you..I have to sew this one up and continue on to make one more...It was quite quick..yours will take longer,,,have fun, Joyce

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi Connie, I am not sure if that is your first name or not, but since I am writting to you so much, I feel I don't have to be so "formal" lol..I went to search and typed in knitted poncho for Cabbage Patch doll..I did find a lot. You also might something there that is specifically for the CP doll..good luck..Joyce

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I might have some patterns I could look. I didn't make clothes for my daughters CP as she never played with hers. Her grandma bought it for her first Christmas she is know 26 and I think it's still in the attic. My daughter would take the clothes off her dolls and put them on the stuffed animals including her dog. If I happen to find any I will let you know.It will be later this year unless I get lucky as to remember where I would have put them in my craft stuff.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I started a poncho with the 36 sts. but I am using bigger needles and two strands of worsted yarn..for the CP doll. I think this might work, and I will possibly do more than the # of rows in the pattern, I will check it out as it gets longer....Joyce

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
knitwitconnie said:
Does anyone have a KNITTED poncho pattern (hopefully free, but not required) for a Cabbage Patch doll? I'm buying my granddaughter her first CP doll for Christmas but it doesn't come with any spare clothing! I wish I had all the clothes from my own daughter's dolls, but mice got into the stored collection so much of it was thrown away.

I was wondering if any of you doll clothing makers know if the American Girl doll is the same or similar to Cabbage Patch? I see a lot of nice things for AG, but I'm not sure it would fit on CP dolls.

Thanks very much.[/quote

I checked my patterns and all I have are baby layettes for the CP dolls.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom