Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,788 Posts
I'm going to try just knitting the pattern...will be back to let you know.

·
Registered
20,197 Posts
I tried it also for about 3in. It does make a bias strip that you would have to fold and sew to the edge of the blanket. Unfolded, it curls somewhat like stockinette. It might be nice on the front of a jacket, but I wouldn't want to have to knit enough to go around a blanket. Just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing the link. It's always nice to try something different. Would be interesting to see if it could be knit as-you-go. Can't think that hard right now. I don't see it!

·
Registered
13,788 Posts
kaixixang said:
I'm going to try just knitting the pattern...will be back to let you know.
Reporting back:

The cotton thread was knitted with US 2 DPN. no appreciable curl
Nylon (trying to see IF I can EVER deal with it - 00 US DPN - miserable!
The Bamboo Silk is 70% Bamboo viscous, 30% Silk - US 2 DPN - absolute winner!

Basically a blend, plant fiber, or animal hair are all candidates for the project intended. I enjoyed the last one. Have another project of lace in mind...now that I found the gauge for that mixture. <G>

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies. My webtv can't do youtube. As to the applied Icord, isn't that done at the time you are making the item? or is it added later like what I'm wondering about?

I have about 10 blankies made that have been sitting here while I find out what to do ;-)

·
Registered
20,197 Posts
If they are for charity and you have a lot to do, why not just crochet a round of crab stitch or single or double crochet around them. The knitted bias stitched edge would take forever. Even if you don't crochet, and I don't, the crab stitch is fairly easy to learn and to apply.

http://www.smart-knit-crocheting.com/crab-stitch.html

Could you post a picture of one or two of the blankies and someone might be able to give you better suggestions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom