Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just finished one panel of a blanket that has three panel sections. I still have two to go. It is a cable pattern and my question is, do I block it and if so what happens to the cables; do they end up flat and should I block the finished one now or wait and do all three at the same time? I love this forum, everyone is so helpful and aren't we the most interesting group of people on the planet. I am always learning something of value from you.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Blocking will not flatten your cables. I block cabled items all the time. As for blocking the first panel, go ahead and do it as you go, it will make the task less monumental when all three are finished.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, this is my first attempt at cables and I was not sure if they were treated differently than other knitted items. I will do it as I go. I am making this for my grandson who is to arrive in August. Hopefully I will have it finished by then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DOES ANYONE KNIT WITH THE PLASTIC LOOMS, I HAVE A CIRCLE SHAPED ONE FOR SOCKS OR MITTENS. SURE COULD USE SOOM HELP,NEW TO KNITTING DONT KNOW HOW TO START,KNOW HOW TO WRAP THE YARN ON THE USING THE BASIC WRAP STICH, THATS ABOUT IT,WOULD WELCOME ANY HELP.A NEWBE FROM MAINE.

·
Registered
525 Posts
courier770 said:
Blocking will not flatten your cables. I block cabled items all the time. As for blocking the first panel, go ahead and do it as you go, it will make the task less monumental when all three are finished.
Just don't over due the steam if you steam block because that will flatten them a little. Also if you block the panels separately just make sure they are blocked to the same size, I'm just saying... :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom