Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
My question is, where wouldn't you be stuck??? The translation is terrible! It doesn't make sense to me, and a few words aren't translated at all!!
I have no idea how to follow that!!!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Mary Su 2 said:
My question is, where wouldn't you be stuck??? The translation is terrible! It doesn't make sense to me, and a few words aren't translated at all!!
I have no idea how to follow that!!!
I clicked on the link, and scrolled down to the English version. It seemed pretty clear.
I went back and hit translate, and got confused. So, I would not hit the translate button :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yarngrandma said:
Where are you stuck?
pretty much all of it after the beginning of the petals. I am fairly new at knitting and if one is not written out row by row I have a terrible time....

·
Registered
18,401 Posts
It looks a little tricky, but you can do it. Take your time, follow the directions cacrefully.

You will be making 3 identical leaves; each on seperate needles Then you cast on 8 stitches, then slip one 'leaf' onto your working needle (the one with 8 st); CO 8, slip next 'leaf', CO 8, slip 3rd 'leaf, CO 8. The next row is all purl.
You will have ends to work in. It looks like only one end has the 'leaves' so you should be good to go after the 'leaf' decreases.
Good luck. It is very pretty.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thank you Yarngrandma! I looked up and down 3 times before I finally saw it right in front of me!!! I tried to check out some of the other beautiful patterns, unfortunately no English instructions and no charts, except 1!

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Patty Sutter said:
It looks a little tricky, but you can do it. Take your time, follow the directions cacrefully.

You will be making 3 identical leaves; each on seperate needles Then you cast on 8 stitches, then slip one 'leaf' onto your working needle (the one with 8 st); CO 8, slip next 'leaf', CO 8, slip 3rd 'leaf, CO 8. The next row is all purl.
You will have ends to work in. It looks like only one end has the 'leaves' so you should be good to go after the 'leaf' decreases.
Good luck. It is very pretty.
You make two pieces with leaves and sew or 'Kitchener' them together. Lovely pattern

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jvallas said:
I made a stab at re-translating it, but the way the pattern looks doesn't seem to me that it would make that green scarf at all. My interpretation is attached.
Thanks....and this is where it really throws me
Cross these stitches three to three ?????? is it cable or what?

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
krestiekrew said:
Thanks....and this is where it really throws me
Cross these stitches three to three ?????? is it cable or what?
Lots gets lost in the translation! Don't know if my explanation makes any more sense but here goes........
It's also worthwhile clicking on the picture online and enlarging it to have a closer look.
Reading through the translation and the English version (which is also a literal translation), I think she means that you're now including the three leaf points (6 stitches each after decreases) with the stitches cast on between (total 50 stitches) and knitting across them all until you reach the length you want for half the scarf.
She does mention also to do 3 stitches at each end in moss stitch as a border but it's hard to see this on her scarf.
(Knit items as presented, 8 garter stitch, six jersey, 8 garter stitch, six jersey, 8 garter stitch, six jersey, 8 garter stitch. - from Google translation of original pattern) Not sure about the garter and jersey stitches but depends if you use her suggestion for moss stitch at the start of the leaf decreases.
Hope I haven't confused you more!

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
At the point where the "leaf"s join, there are 45 sts according to my count.
The pattern says 31.
Uh-Oh!!!
I wouldn't even attempt this pattern. It's got a mistake and the translation is terrible, IMHO

·
Registered
19,745 Posts
Here are the first few lines of the pattern as translated by Google, which titles it The Sermon of Rosalia:

Weaving with two balls of Rowan Kidsilk Haze.
needles 3.5 cm. Mounting 3 points. Knit the first round to the right and following the setback. Third round: 1 point of law, increase 1 stitch strand pulling it between the first and the second, 1 point of law, increase 1 stitch strand sancándolo between the second and third , 1 point of law.
Since my husband was a lawyer, I can ask him about the points of law, but his knitting skills are lacking.

Scrolling down, I see that the pattern comes with its own translation, which looks possible to knit from. But it lacks the poetic quality of the Google version.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dorfor said:
Lots gets lost in the translation! Don't know if my explanation makes any more sense but here goes........
It's also worthwhile clicking on the picture online and enlarging it to have a closer look.
Reading through the translation and the English version (which is also a literal translation), I think she means that you're now including the three leaf points (6 stitches each after decreases) with the stitches cast on between (total 50 stitches) and knitting across them all until you reach the length you want for half the scarf.
She does mention also to do 3 stitches at each end in moss stitch as a border but it's hard to see this on her scarf.
(Knit items as presented, 8 garter stitch, six jersey, 8 garter stitch, six jersey, 8 garter stitch, six jersey, 8 garter stitch. - from Google translation of original pattern) Not sure about the garter and jersey stitches but depends if you use her suggestion for moss stitch at the start of the leaf decreases.
Hope I haven't confused you more!
thanks.... every little bit on input helps

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dsynr said:
At the point where the "leaf"s join, there are 45 sts according to my count.
The pattern says 31.
Uh-Oh!!!
I wouldn't even attempt this pattern. It's got a mistake and the translation is terrible, IMHO
....I am determined to figure this one out....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom