Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am knitting socks and I love them, the only problem is.....I have larger ankles and so does my MIL. How can I increase the ankles, and still maintain the pattern of the sock? I may also need to increase the foot portion, she wears a size 10 shoe, I wear an 8....HELP would like to be able t send them to her by Valentine's Day

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you want to make the sock bigger around, cast on more stitches at the beginning-I would add on in multiples of 4- like 4 extra or 8 extra. If you add 4 stitches, when you divide for the heel add two stitches to the heel and two to the top. Then when you have turned the heel and picked up the stitches on the side of the heel and start decreasing for the foot you may have to decrease a couple of extra rows so the foot isn't too fat. To make the foot longer just add more rows after you are done turning the heel.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that! I am also trying to use a larger needle, which so far is working, and for extra "stretchiness" (is that a word?) I am doing 2 up (K2, P2) ribbing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom