Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pattern for a skirt. Starts at the bottom, has some decreases above the hip, then a waistband.

for the waistband it says: Pull every other needle to hold, set machine to slip. Knit one row. Set machine to normal. Knit 25 rows for waistband. Hang hem from slip stitch row and bind off.

What means "set machine to slip" on a Brother?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
KarlaHW said:
And why are those cam buttons called part?
They are called Part (=Partial) because when you press only 1 of these button, the carriage will only knit in 1 direction but not the other. Regardless of what position the needles are, the carriage just bypass the stitches (=skip) and won't knit. Thus, it's Partial knitting.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
By the way, I forgot to mention that Partial knitting happens when your carriage dial is set to NL (normal knitting). When it's set to KC and both Part buttons are pressed in, it does skip/slip stitches.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
To slip on your Brother machine - push in the part buttons. Sometimes you will run across "free pass or slip" or slip stitch, all this means for the Brother machines is push in the part buttons. There are some patterns that can do a slip/tuck pattern. Then all you have to do is push in one part button and one tuck button.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
partial knitting is when the hold lever is put in use. You are then putting needles in the hold position and manual or automatically wrapping. Part buttons are normally used for free pass or slip stitches. Depending on the machine type. The part buttons are also used when knitting with the ribber for jaquard knitting.

Entity said:
By the way, I forgot to mention that Partial knitting happens when your carriage dial is set to NL (normal knitting). When it's set to KC and both Part buttons are pressed in, it does skip/slip stitches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom