Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,232 Posts
The link to the whole chart would help more.... and many of us won't open downloads due to potential virus/malware.
Is this a chart that is in some language other than English? Most charts have a key somewhere that specify what the symbols mean.
Here's a link to one set of interpretation of symbols... they are becoming more standardized where people use the same ones but.....
http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/chart_knit.html

·
Registered
21,413 Posts
What is the pattern name, so that we can at least see a picture.

In the mean time, I believe this is correct.
Open triangle is probably P2tog
Black triangle is K2tog
Upside down V with number is make 2 or whatever that no. is from 1 stitch, which would mean Kfb, M1.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
What is the pattern? There is usually a key. I did not open the download file as I usually don't.

Sometimes the triangles mean ssk or k2tog depending on what direction they are going. V's with numbers often will mean "increase one stitch into the number given" So a V with a 4 would mean "increase 1 stitch to become 4 stitches".

Look for a key on your pattern.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
jmcret05 said:
What is the pattern name, so that we can at least see a picture.

In the mean time, I believe this is correct.
Open triangle is probably P2tog
Black triangle is K2tog
Upside down V with number is make 2 or whatever that no. is from 1 stitch, which would mean Kfb, M1.
Yes, that's exactly how I interpreted it.
But it really would help if you could also post a picture of the pattern, or a link to the pattern.
Have you looked over the entire pattern to find an explanation of the symbols (legend)?
Sometimes these are hidden in the most unfortunate spots on a printed pattern.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This chart is not in English and it did not come with a key to meanings that is why I am having problems understanding. I wish I had the link and I could not copy and paste the chart to this site. not sure how to add the picture to the posts. Thank you for the link to the symboles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom