Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.knitca.com/patterns/cable_bag

Just downloaded this pattern and think it will be a real challenge but a short project. I do not understand two of the instructions. It says on all even rows (WS) the following: ROW 2 AND EVERY WS ROW: WORK STS AS THEY APPEAR. Does this mean knit in the knit and purl in the purl?
Also, the first stitch in every row is called a SELVAGE stitch. Is this a slip stitch? Looking forward to trying this one.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
you have guessed correctly both times....k the knits, p the purls and the 'selvedge' stitch thing is just that...they want you to know it is to be used for seaming later and to do whatever you want there....most people slip the first st to combat a loose end stitch....i was taught to knit every st, i know some people who work every st but who work it the opposite of the row they're on in order to see it easier when seaming times comes....it's just personal preference....do what seems best for you and your style of knitting...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom