Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning every one,
Happy April Fools Day. Make sure you do not get fooled by anyone. My kids aready tried!
Recently I got back my knitting machine I had given to afriend 10 years ago. She never used it and so I asked if I can get it back. The last few days I am trying to clean it and set it up. I need some brushes for the carriage. Does any one know a website that sells Brother parts? My machine is an old model, Brother Elite 588. It used to be a very good machine because I had made some very pretty things 25 years ago.
I also do not have any manuals.
Any help will be appreciated.
Popi

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((( I'm sure you'll get info by popping these keywords into a search:

brushes carriage Brother machine knitting Elite 588

Good luck!!
~~~~~~~~~~

kalliopi said:
Good morning every one,
Happy April Fools Day. Make sure you do not get fooled by anyone. My kids aready tried!
Recently I got back my knitting machine I had given to afriend 10 years ago. She never used it and so I asked if I can get it back. The last few days I am trying to clean it and set it up. I need some brushes for the carriage. Does any one know a website that sells Brother parts? My machine is an old model, Brother Elite 588. It used to be a very good machine because I had made some very pretty things 25 years ago.
I also do not have any manuals.
Any help will be appreciated.
Popi

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I go on e-bay all the time but never saw any parts. Once in a while I see an old machine sold for parts but I hate to pay for the machine and the shipping just to get a little brush. Anyway, I found this place in Minnesota that has a lot of parts for different makes of knitting machines. The wfe is very pleasant and helpful. Here is the website: www.knitsewworld.com

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just had a great experience with Neele-Tek for my Silver Reed machine. All by e-mail, phone and snail mail.

24917 NE Rawson Road
Brush Prairie WA 98606

www.needle-tek.com

I would give them a call and see if they can help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found a manual for my elderly Brother machine at TPHUKtrading.com. It's a place in England and they upload the manual for a couple of days. You can download and print. Very reasonable price - $5.31. As others have replied, ebay is a good place to find parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom