Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making the Woman's Square Top, Sirdar pattern 7079. What does it mean when it says, under, Shape Sleeves, - Work 2 rows, casting on and patt across 28 sts at beg of each row? Please explain how I go from 89 sts to 145 sts. I am making the smallest size. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
cathysmith97 said:
I am making the Woman's Square Top, Sirdar pattern 7079. What does it mean when it says, under, Shape Sleeves, - Work 2 rows, casting on and patt across 28 sts at beg of each row? Please explain how I go from 89 sts to 145 sts. I am making the smallest size. Thank you.
It most likely means cast on 28 stitches at the beginning of the next two rows.
Keep these new stitches in the established pattern.
28+28+89=145

On the Ravelry link eight people have made this. Go to projects and look at the pictures they have posted. You can also contact them by clicking on their name if you still have questions.

Good luck.

·
Registered
20,400 Posts
Longtimer said:
It most likely means cast on 28 stitches at the beginning of the next two rows.
Keep these new stitches in the established pattern.
28+28+89=145

On the Ravelry link eight people have made this. Go to projects and look at the pictures they have posted. You can also contact them by clicking on their name if you still have questions.

Good luck.
I think this is correct. If you look at this project it shows the sleeves. They appear to be extensions from the body and forming a T. You can use a knit or cable cast on, you could use a backward loop cast on - this is lacy so it might work OK. You'll actually be casting on at the ends of the two rows so that when you turn you'll have them at the beginning of the row.

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/trish2222/square-and-t-shaped-lace-tops

Casting on at the end of a row search https://www.google.com/search?q=knit+cast+on+at+end+of+row&oq=knit+cast+on&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j69i61j0l4.6870j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

·
Registered
27,125 Posts
The sleeve on the pattern are optional. If you want the sleeves you need to add the 28 stitches in pattern at the beginning of the next two rows as others have already stated.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just a little bit extra. Until you actually work it you may not be able to tell that when you cast on sts at beginning of the row, you will need to work in pattern across these extra sts until you reach the part (body) you've already been knitting. After you've completed that, turn the work and do the same for the next row but on the opposite side. So much easier to do it than to try to explain it. Best wishes...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm weird, I actually enjoy making up the items I've worked. However, I'm currently working a jacket sideways in crochet (I wanted the pattern to be vertical rather than horizontal) and find I'm working myself into a hole! Normally i work flat, add the sleeves then sew the side and sleeve seams. This time I'll need to join the shoulders and sleeve seams separately then sew the sleeve tops in place. Oh well, let's hope it's worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom