Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I would like to say hello to everyone. I have visted this forum many times and love it; however never introduced myself. My name is Minerva and I crochet and knit. I learned to crochet watching my mother when I was a little girl, but
self-taught myself knitting by reading and watching videos. I am stuck on a pattern that I can't seem to master. I am having trouble with a purl which is followed by a yarn over and a yarn over which follows a purl. I don't know which way I should put the yarn when I yarn over. Here is the entire row pattern: P2,*YO,SL1,K1,PSSO,K2TOG,YO,P2* Help from anyone would greatly be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Minerva said:
First, I would like to say hello to everyone. I have visted this forum many times and love it; however never introduced myself. My name is Minerva and I crochet and knit. I learned to crochet watching my mother when I was a little girl, but
self-taught myself knitting by reading and watching videos. I am stuck on a pattern that I can't seem to master. I am having trouble with a purl which is followed by a yarn over and a yarn over which follows a purl. I don't know which way I should put the yarn when I yarn over. Here is the entire row pattern: P2,*YO,SL1,K1,PSSO,K2TOG,YO,P2* Help from anyone would greatly be appreciated. Thank you
To do a YO after a purl stitch, you must put the yarn over the top of the needle from the front to the back and bring it around to the front again. The yarn must completely wrap around the needle. Because you are using more yarn than a YO which follows a knit stitch it will leave a larger hole. Therefore, I would pull it more snugly than usual so your holes will be more even. Does that make sense to you?

·
Premium Member
13,045 Posts
P2,*YO (take yarn up and over the right-hand needle to the back of your work), SL1, K1, PSSO, K2TOG, YO (take yarn from the back to the front between the needles, wrap around the top of the right-hand needle, and return to the front between the needles again), P2*

For the first YO in the pattern, since it follows a purl stitch and comes before a knit stitch, you can actually just leave it in the front (purl position), slip the next stitch and then knit with the yarn in front and a YO will be created between the P2 and the skp (sl1, k1, psso).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom