Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I belong to a craft group. We make things and sell them at a craft fair. All the proceeds go to a local hospice group.
We occasionally receive craft item donations from people.
In the last bag there was this cat print fabric.
So I am asking cat lovers what do you think would be a good use for this fabric?
The only idea that I have is an apron. There is only one yard of the fabric.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,436 Posts
Fabrics like this one make me want to scream! The designs, individually, are adorable, but put together with frames or boxing makes them VERY difficult to use for anything except something large-- maybe a bag or apron. Otherwise the motifs are chopped up. I love cat fabrics-- if these designs were an all-over print, it would be so much easier to get something out of it where the cute cats are showcased.

Do you know about bowl buddies and plate pals? These are rectangular items used for taking a bowl or plate from the microwave, often even used in the micro. Batting must be all cotton. I made them with raw edges, pinked, so they were really fast to make. Bowl Buddies were about 7 inches square. Plate Pals were approx. 12 inches square. After layering fabric, batt, fabric, I would stitch an X on the fabric, then stitch around the square. Then I put a very small and short dart in each side so the item cupped slightly. Dart took out less than an inch of fabric and was about an inch long. People did buy them, often came back a second time for more.

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
Christmas stockings. Use one side the print the other a solid you can make 4 of them from a yard. Cut the stocking out What I did was layer the print then batting solid color then just run straight seem across to look quilted do the same for the back with 2 solid colors then just sew them together add a nice cuff, I have sold many of these $28. But I paid for the material you sell then for $12. they would go fast for cat lovers.

·
Registered
19,456 Posts
A draft dodger, a closepin bag for those who still hang out clothes, placemats, napkins, a plastic bag holder (it's shaped like a long cylinder with openings at each end which has elastic running through at both ends so the bags won't fall out..with a loop to hang it up). Valances for the kitchen or childs room ...pillow covers for the den..

·
Registered
285 Posts
I received a microwave soup bowl holder with a cat design print on one side and a nice matching simple print on the other side which pulled colors from the cat design print. These would make up quickly - use only a small amount of fabric and are extremely useful. I use mine for soup or a cup of water heated for tea or hot chocolate. When I got mine, it held a covered mug which was filled with homemade chocolate fudge. I take it to work filled with soup, place it on the holder, and heat in the microwave with the cover just sitting on the top. It works great! I don't have the pattern but maybe someone else could supply it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom