Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to finish up this sweater by Friday. I want to add the red bows but I though the bead flowers would give it a bit of bling. So I have made some beads with thin or wide ribbon. I also made them without the beads. I laced the thin ribbon through one heart. Plus I made a rosette with the ribbon too.
Now the problem. As I do not normally put buttons or beads on baby thing, (I know this will only be used for Christmas). What form of ribbon combo will be best.
Thanks in advance for your input. This is a purchased pattern.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,145 Posts
IMHO, the baby's blankie is perfect wonderful without ANY of the embellishments or bling!
Maybe I was just a "nervous Nellie" Mom, but I never put embellishments on anything but the Christening blanket which was used once for each child and stored thereafter. The stuff to be actually in everyday use was plain knitting with the pattern making the noise, no buttons [I used zippers on most sweaters and bows only to tie the chins of the teehats [so called because I could fast-knit a "t" and sew it together to make a "cup" for the baby's head].

·
Registered
10,994 Posts
I'm not crazy about any of the charm options. I like just the bow or the ribbon woven thru the heart and bow best. If forced to pic my favorite, I go w/ just the bows.

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mirl56 said:
I'm not crazy about any of the charm options. I like just the bow or the ribbon woven thru the heart and bow best. If forced to pic my favorite, I go w/ just the bows.
I think you may be right,
Thank you.

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
missmolly said:
I think just having the ribbon threaded around the heart shape would be sufficient. It is really effective and makes the hearts more prominent ~ but that's just my opinion ;-):thumbup: :thumbup:
Thank you missmolly. I just am not sure.

·
Registered
55,994 Posts
I love this set Deb it is beautiful. My personal favorite is the thin ribbon bow with the matching pearl button as seen on what looks like the sleeve. I think because it will most likely be worn at Christmas a little bling would be perfect. :thumbup:
After taking another look you could do the sleeve that way and thread the ribbon through the hearts on front of sweater or leave those hearts as is and just do the sleeve. I hope I have not confused you. :?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom