Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am knitting a summer short sleeve pullover, pattern 1601, plymouth, yarn Kudo. It's done in garter st. I am knitting on 8" rd needle. I have 2 questions: It says to knit 10" ending ws. Continue garter st, incr 1 st beg of every row as follows:(slip 1, Kfb, knit to end of row) until there are 108 sts. (I cast on 80) Continue even if necessary until total length is 14", ending with WS row.Place markers at side edges to mark armholes.
Continue even until total length is 21" end WS.

What does Kfb mean, is it knit front and back of stitches?
Also, Total length is 21 inches. If I want to make it shorter, when do I do this? Should I have only knitted 8" instead of 10" or do I do it after increases not making it 21" long?

I know this is long and hope it's clear. Thanks in advance for any help.
Noreen

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Kfb does mean to knit in both the front and the back of the stitch to accomplish an increase.

In regard to adjustment in length, this would be best done prior to the start of increases, so yes knitting 8" rather than 10" would probably have been a good choice.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom