Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought yarn (Baby Kid Extra by Filatura DiCrosa) for a scarf pattern
I saw in a knitting magazine. I ripped it twice and gave up on the scarf. However, the yarn was very expensive, so I do not want to throw it out. Does anyone know of patterns that use this yarn?
Thanks!

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Have you tried going to the yarn company web site? Often times they will have patterns that use the particular yarn. Or simply google the yarn, you will get, among other things, blog results that will show what others have knitted with it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Some yarn labels are not very explicit, but if you can find out the weight, needle size, and gauge --which you prob already know -- you should be able to use a pattern you like for a similar yarn.This is when knitting gets fun. You will be inspired as you progress.Let us know.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
Mohair, creates a whole new issue, it knits differently than other yarns of the same weight.

Have you tried going to knitting pattern central and searching for Mohair projects? You could also try searching google for "knitted mohair pattern". This is going to be challenging.

Something else that comes to mind is going to the websites of other yarn companies that offer mohair yarn and seeing if they have patterns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom