Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like all of the patterns I find are either for babies, girls, or adults. My grandson wears a size 12 kids shoe. His foot is 7 inches long. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My mother used to make "Aunt Maggie" slippers for children and adults - http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/maggieslippers.html. The slippers are better made with two strands of yarn and are not slippery when walking on the floor. All of us loved them; I still have a couple left from about five years ago. After trial and error and the making of many for the grandchildren, she knew just how many "ridges" (each ridge is a knit and purl row) to make for the adults and for the children. She would also crochet around the top and put a pompom on them.

BTW these are the only slippers I will wear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom