Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found this really cute baby blanket on the Knitting on the Net website. It is the Heart Baby Blanket. If you look at the pattern, you may have to do a "search" for it.

The picture shows, as does the narrative right below it, that each heart is separated by a garter stitch. As you will see in the instructions, these directions are NOT included.

Also, it states to repeat rows 1-24 to desired length, then knit 8 rows and bind off.

I have figured out that rows 1-24 should be repeated to desired length,THEN repeat rows 1-5, knit 8 rows and bind off!

I sent the website pattern expert an email a week ago, and have not heard back!

Can anyone tell me when/where I should start the garter stitch rows, and also how many rows???

I have just finished the blanket, but obviously, the hearts are not separated into boxes. It turned out OK, but would really like to know how to make it again the CORRECT way!!

Thx, Ladies!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,155 Posts
I am not sure what the problem is. Garter stitch is just knitting every row. But the pattern shows the hearts in another stitch which separates them from garter stitch. In other words, you are just knitting every row except for the hearts themselves. I don't know how else to explain it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joy Marshall said:
I am not sure what the problem is. Garter stitch is just knitting every row. But the pattern shows the hearts in another stitch which separates them from garter stitch. In other words, you are just knitting every row except for the hearts themselves. I don't know how else to explain it.
Yes, I understand all that. However, the pattern does not give you the number of rows and when to start the garterstitch between the hearts!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,590 Posts
It looks as if the pattern is missing the instructions to knit 8 rows between each "pattern" of the 24 rows. I think that would give you the effect you are looking for. The 24 rows seem to be the hearts and then adding 8 rows between each repeat of 24 rows would do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,648 Posts
If you enlarge the photo (Ctrl and scroll) it looks as if there are three ridges between each heart, which would be six knit rows between.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hilary4 said:
If you enlarge the photo (Ctrl and scroll) it looks as if there are three ridges between each heart, which would be six knit rows between.
Thanks, Hilary! I have added both 8 & 6 rows to my written pattern, so that next time I can check it before I start!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,691 Posts
its a beautiful blanket and would make a great wedding present if made a little larger for a throw.. thanks for the link... I'm glad you got a answer to your question.. this was clearly one of those cases where if you blinly follow the pattern it does NOT come out right... but its a easy fix... and I'm sure your blanket turned out real nice regardless of the lack of instructions..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ronie said:
its a beautiful blanket and would make a great wedding present if made a little larger for a throw.. thanks for the link... I'm glad you got a answer to your question.. this was clearly one of those cases where if you blinly follow the pattern it does NOT come out right... but its a easy fix... and I'm sure your blanket turned out real nice regardless of the lack of instructions..
Thx, Ronie! It did turn out good-columns instead of boxes are OK!! :thumbup:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom