Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am knittng a sweater and i just noticed a loop on the back. It is not a dropped stitch but i don't like the way it looks. Do i dare drop that stitch to pick up the loop. It is about 25 rows down. Or is there some other way to hide it. thank you

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I would take a blunt needle & follow around the existing st plus a few surrounding stitches & gently pull up the excess yarn. It should even out thru a few stitches. I have done this a few times myself when a st looks odd...

·
Registered
27,128 Posts
Is the loop just a very loose stitch? If so, you can work the excess into the stitches left and right. Also once it is blocked and washed a loop may just disappear.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
If your stitch pattern is plain it's not a problem to unravel just that column of stitches and use a crochet hook to restore that line. I've done it for a friend when the problem was at least that many rows down. If you do this knit to that column and keep the other stitches on your needles while drop down to the problem stitch and fix it. If there are cables or lacework this is not a good solution.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wondering if i dare to do it that way. Thanks for the info. I think i am going to try it. The back of my sweater looks so nice all except for that loop. I have done it this way before when i have dropped a stitch but it has always been for just a few rows. I have never gone down so many rows before. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
ellyny1 said:
I was wondering if i dare to do it that way. Thanks for the info. I think i am going to try it. The back of my sweater looks so nice all except for that loop. I have done it this way before when i have dropped a stitch but it has always been for just a few rows. I have never gone down so many rows before. Thanks so much!
I had to ladder down about 10" because I knitted a stitch that should have been purled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom