Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((( I googled for you but didn't find a link.

Taking a guess, though I see only two ways it can be made:

1 - Change colors at the right point and carry the yarn when needed again (don't cut the yarn).

2 - They're triangles and sewn together with yarn that then make it square. I rather think that this is the method. I make triangles, too in the granny method and ahead on larger to make it a shawl; Just a bid triangle, therefore - triple knot fringe.

Tell me what you think, please, about my info. TKS!!

Donna Rae
Brandon, Iowa )))))

lsos
Craftyjamie said:
I need some help here. Would any of you readers be able to figure out how to make this pattern? I love it and can't quite figure it out. I know it's crocheted and was pictured in an advertisement for a magazine. That's all I know about it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((( Yes, I know your were wondering about the pattern - I looked for it and didn't find it. Didn't I mention I had googled for it?

Your photo didn't show a close up so one could tell how it was made; Pieced or yarn carry method.

Triangles are simple and as you can see, the effect was stunning. Lots of sewing, true, but with the other method there would be lots of carrying yarn.

Have you tried to make this pattern? For a triangle granny, see:

http://promotions.drgnetwork.com/newsletters/talkingcrochet/pages/TCNL2806_patt.html

Donna Rae )))))))))))

Craftyjamie said:
Donna, I would prefer it to be choice #1. Don't really understand the triangle thingie. ;(. I can see where the colors start, but I'm wondering about the pattern itself. Any ideas?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have that.that you are looking for. I get Annie' Attic cataog sent to me. how that is made is making half squares in the colors you want then make a blanet stitch to sew them together. I did not as of yet sent for it. I am an avid crocheter. taught by my grandmother when I was 12. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21,208 Posts
Another great job by this amazing team of ladies.
Gosh we must all save everything!!! Wish my daughter could understand that. If she hasn't used it in 5 minutes, it gets trashed.
Linda

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I have seen this blanket also, many years ago. I might just be a granny square done in the two different colors. Google Red Hear yarns and their patterns, and Crochet baby blankets, you will get skads of links! Maybe you can find it that way. ENJOY!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom