Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there...a friend of mine has knit a baby afghan out of the Bunny pom pom yarn....it is soft and beautiful...ready for bind off...she has given it to me, as she started and the bind off was too tight and made the end of the afghan not as wide as the beginning.....I know there are several ways to BO...but would like to complete this for her and just wanted to put it our here to all my Knitting friends for suggestions. She tried as I did the knit two, then s1 over , k1 sl1 over BO ...too tight....HELP///and thans all so much.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
thank you Yarn Happy I am going to use this cast off on a collar that I had to rip back because my cast off didn't allow the collar to reach around the neck opening.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have a lot of problems with the bind off also and have had to learn to watch when I bind off that I am not pulling the tension too tight. I bring the loop up longer after I do the slipping of the back stitch over the front one. Then careful not to pull that stitch up snug but leave a fair amount of slack to it. Do some swatches to practice it and see what amount works for the finish you want.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have gone with a larger needle, with the crochet hook, & used the Surprisingly stretchy bind off. I tried multiple times binding off the neck of a dress for GD when she was 2. Everything I tried (bigger needle & crochet hook) was too tight to go over her head. That is when I googled stretchy bind offs and learned the Surprisingly Stretchy bind off. She can still get it over her head 2 years later. It is starting to get tight, so was given to little sister.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom